Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    me and my gf both 22 and been going out 5 months. we started going out at the end of uni, now we live about an hour away from each other. saw each other quite a bit over summer, but has decreased a lot lately as she started doing a masters course. i really am finding it hard not seeing her, for the past 5/6 weeks we have seen each other at the wknds, i stayed at hers etc. and was brilliant. but now it seems that we wont ever meet up unless we have something booked in advance, theres nothing spontaneous about it. she could quite easily ask me to come up after work one night, even for a quick drink or dinner. i would because i enjoy being with her.

she is an only child and i think perhaps this is one reason why she is content to just get on with her life and just see me occasionally. i know i wont change her, but i would really like to see her more often. i know she has work to do for her course, im working back at home also, but i want to see her. i dont think she thinks there is even a problem.

i found out by looking at her facebook that she is going back to our old uni on thursday to meet up with her friends for lunch. our uni is a good 1.5 hours from where she lives, and this frustrates me and upsets me, as she is clearly willing to go and meet up with them, yet i know if i asked her to meet up she would say no she is busy. i constantly feel like a nuisance texting her, and i feel bad every time i suggest meeting up. but i know if i dont, she wont.

i really like her, i havnt felt this way about anyone before, and i really want to talk to her about all this. but i dont know whether i should as i really dont want to break up with her. also, i dont wanna talk about this over the phone, i want to do it in person. but i cant because she never wants to meet up. i was thinking of definitely letting her know my feelings after she tells me about meeting up with her friends, i cant let that one go. im seeing her on saturday at a friends birthday but i really need to talk to her before then.

do you think i am being unreasonable for wanting to see her more than once a fortnight? im willing to spend money and go to hers. i dont expect her to come down to me. she also doesnt like compliments or any 'nice' messages, she classes them as "cheesy", which is also quite frustrating.

suggestions please?! thanks.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?! sorry its such a long post, had a lot to say!

ReputationRep:
    Arrange to see her and tell her everything you've just told us.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.