Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My itunes said it needed an update, so I installed the update. Then whe I tried to reopen itunes an error report message came up. Tried the same with quicktime, and the same error report message came up. Soo I tried to download quicktime again, the install crashed half way through. Now when I try installing it again it says "installation already in progress" so it wont continue.
    Went on task manager to end any unfinished installations, but quicktime wasn't on the list. Went to delete it from "add or remove programmes", but can't find quicktime on there either.

I've searched google but I'm rubbish with computers. Help please!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Restart and re-install.

ReputationRep:
    Restart your computer and try again.

ReputationRep:
    I've just restarted my computer, then successfully managed to install quicktime, but I'm still getting the error report messages for quicktime and itunes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    I've just restarted my computer, then successfully managed to install quicktime, but I'm still getting the error report messages for quicktime and itunes.
    What's the error?

ReputationRep:
    I've attached the messages I get..

Still can't fix it
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Any more suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Just as other have said really a re-install will be required. Here's a link for a complete uninstall. Its the bottom post on that page. page. http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/250420.html
    In addition to uninstall you'll need to search for the itunes folders via start>search, delete everything with itunes in it. This link is quite useful for someone who had a similar problem. http://www.oldapps.com/forum/softwar...-pleeaase.html . After uninstalling itunes. Restart the computer then install a stand alone version of quicktime first then itunes.

ReputationRep:
    How can I remove quicktime? It's not in add/remove programmes on control panel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    How can I remove quicktime? It's not in add/remove programmes on control panel.
    Start>All Programs>Quicktime>Uninstall Quicktime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kj91)
    Just as other have said really a re-install will be required. Here's a link for a complete uninstall. Its the bottom post on that page. page. http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/250420.html
    In addition to uninstall you'll need to search for the itunes folders via start>search, delete everything with itunes in it. This link is quite useful for someone who had a similar problem. http://www.oldapps.com/forum/softwar...-pleeaase.html . After uninstalling itunes. Restart the computer then install a stand alone version of quicktime first then itunes.
    When you say delete everything with itunes in it, does that mean everything? After searching my computer finds 141 itunes files..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would remove all the itunes and quicktime folders that you find via start>search. Also uninstalling quicktime and itunes through add or remove programs before attempting to re-install a new version of itunes.

ReputationRep:
    I uninstalled quicktime, and for some strange reason, my itunes is now working. No idea how, as I thought it needed quicktime to work!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.