Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ya, does anyone live there or know anything about it?

on the open day i went and saw it but it seemed AGES away from the main uni buildings! How long does it take to walk there and is there a free shuttle bus or anything that runs regularly?
    i dont fancy the idea of walking every morning to the Bute building cos im a bit lazy
    Thanks for your help people

ReputationRep:
    Me!!! I went their on the open day, and I have put it down as my first choice accomodation for Sept. We walked from the main building to Talybont when I went, it took 20-25 mins approximately. I think I recall them saying there is a bus you can take, but it is a public one, so you have to pay. It seemed that tons of students were walking it though, and some had their bikes too, so that would take less time (and get ya fit too! )

ReputationRep:
    true, its just i do like having a nice lie in as often as possible Well at least ill be able to burn off all the booze ill be consuming this summer when A levels are finished!
    God i cannot wait until my exams are over.. then just gotta wait until results day which im not looking forward to :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you're telling me!! I got 5 more exams in the next 10 days then Im freeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! For 3 months anyway. Just got to keep you're fingers crossed and hope for the best now. Still scary though :s

ReputationRep:
    You don't need a bus! (incidently there is no shuttle bus). It'll take you 20 minutes tops to walk to the Bute if you go down North Road ... I've made it down to the Redwood in 10 mins before .

It might seem a bit far at first but trust me, you get used to it and it seems like no distance at all

ReputationRep:
    Im prob the laziest person I know, i drive everyday to school and even to the corner shop lol so its gonna be a bit of a shock walking everyday :p: I must sound like a right drama queen!!

ReputationRep:
    Awww no, you'll get used to it pretty quickly. My school was literally round the corner from my house at home so walking 15-20 mins to get to uni everyday seemed like loads but I soon got used to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd walk (25mins) or cycle (7mins) everyday to and from Uni Hall. Trust me, Taly South is not that far away, especially if you are at the Southern end of it (its a big site).

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 2, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.