Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which one is easier to get into?
    Ideally I would love to work abroad and on Human rights issues, however, I am also interested in HR in central departments.

Thanks for your time

ReputationRep:
    Central. If u apply for diplomatic and then put central as ur 2nd choice. if u pass the assesment centre but don't get into diplomatic then u will be put into central departments anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotik)
    I am also interested in HR in central departments.
    Surely thats the HR scheme then...?

(you do know you might have to keep quiet and about human rights if needed on the diplomat scheme?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiBFS)
    Surely thats the HR scheme then...?

(you do know you might have to keep quiet and about human rights if needed on the diplomat scheme?)

whys that?

I know they have a HR scheme - but I dont think that specific one is graduate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotik)
    whys that?

I know they have a HR scheme - but I dont think that specific one is graduate...
    Yes it is, it needs a 2.2, all external Fast Stream recruitment requires a degree.

Because HMG may well rank security or trade over human rights for certain countries for strategic reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I know DWP has an HR programme (also graduate as far as i'm aware) but i don't think theres a general one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellsbells3032)
    I know DWP has an HR programme (also graduate as far as i'm aware) but i don't think theres a general one
    The DWP scheme has evolved into a full 'Fast Stream' xgov offer from this year.

The European Fast Stream is also back.

ReputationRep:
    Unless this person is suggesting a particularly strange choice of preferences, HR stands for Human Rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley)
    Unless this person is suggesting a particularly strange choice of preferences, HR stands for Human Rights.

No it doesn't, in relation to jobs, etc... it stands for Human Resources...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    No it doesn't, in relation to jobs, etc... it stands for Human Resources...
    Agreed, I recognise that, but I can't see him wanting to do either human rights work overseas or human resources in central departments? Could be wrong of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley)
    Agreed, I recognise that, but I can't see him wanting to do either human rights work overseas or human resources in central departments? Could be wrong of course.

Agreed that it is a rather odd combo, but then maybe they're just interested in people in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley)

(Original post by Stomm)
    Agreed that it is a rather odd combo, but then maybe they're just interested in people in particular?
    Post 4 suggests they actually meant HR... so stop speculating :P

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.