Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody suddenly get really anxious just before bed, or when they lie in bed?

I'm getting this a lot lately, as soon as my head touches the pillow my mind starts racing about all this stuff that needs to get done, and I can't relax.

I start thinking about how I will resolve everything as soon as possible, but when the morning comes I'm fine, it's really weird.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    I used to
    Now im asleep before my head hits the pillow

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, except its about 90% of the day, constantly thinking about every possible thing in my life that could go wrong at any point within any point of my life.. yep it sucks.. count yourself lucky its only when you got to sleep

ReputationRep:
    Only when I've had a really stressful day. I hate it when that happens, I start worrying about all this stuff and then when it gets really late and I still can't sleep I start worrying about having to get up early in the morning, so I get even more stressful and it gets even more impossible to sleep... It's a vicious circle!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, especially around exam time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgettingWhatsername)
    Only when I've had a really stressful day. I hate it when that happens, I start worrying about all this stuff and then when it gets really late and I still can't sleep I start worrying about having to get up early in the morning, so I get even more stressful and it gets even more impossible to sleep... It's a vicious circle!
    Oh god, that is the worst. I even start saying to myself "come on! get to sleep ffs!" lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if I've had a bad day I'll just lie for ages dwelling over what went wrong and what I should've done differently and worrying about what's going to happen next time. It sounds ridiculous but when your mind is in that state, you get carried away Then like ForgettingWhatsername says it becomes a vicious circle panicking about getting to sleep and getting up early which stresses you out even more!

ReputationRep:
    Just get out of bed, and write stuff down!

And next time write a list of stuff you wanna do before you go to sleep.

That's my suggestion!

HTH.

ReputationRep:
    I get this, I have awful insomnia. I take Nytol and other drowsy antihistamines more than I should, but they do help. I've also found that focusing on something in particular helps me drift off. Like playing out the scenario of my day tomorrow, like a film in my head. It sounds mundane, but I find it really helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)

That's my suggestion!

HTH.
    This.

I get the same thing sometimes, especially when I've got a lot on my plate or behind schedule n shizz. I find the best thing to do is write it all down, I used to do it on paper but I do it on my Blackberry nowdays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)

That's my suggestion!

HTH.
    Cheers I will try that, it sounds like it might work

(Original post by Natasharox)
    I get this, I have awful insomnia. I take Nytol and other drowsy antihistamines more than I should, but they do help. I've also found that focusing on something in particular helps me drift off. Like playing out the scenario of my day tomorrow, like a film in my head. It sounds mundane, but I find it really helps.
    I would try focusing on something in particular, but my head is too indisciplined, I'll just start thinking about other stuff lol.

Apparently listening to the radio on low helps, something like Radio 4.

ReputationRep:
    Yea get this a lot, it sucks. Only I have anxiety constantly, so anytime there's a gap in my thoughts, and often when there's not, I get it.

Was it just me who thought this was going to be a sex thread?

ReputationRep:
    I get that. I just panic and can't sleep and don't get anything done the next day. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes get this, but with me it's more an overwhelming feeling of being scared to go to sleep :\ I have to force myself to go to bed, and it usually goes away as soon as I close my eyes but sometimes sticks around far longer. It's really annoying
    I agree with the posters who said to write things down, though, if you have things on your mind it'll help

ReputationRep:
    Yes, about whether I will wake up in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and then I start making plans about what i'm going to do to resolve them and when I get a good plan I get to fall asleep. Then when i wake up the next day I forget to implement the plan and new problems arise meaning more thinking to do instead of sleeping !!

Yes

I get the occasionall attack of it (sometimes turning into a panic attack :sad:) I get it during the day sometimes too.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal. Think about it - silent room in complete darkness. If you aren't sleepy at that very moment, it's the perfect environment for thinking. I do most of my thinking just before Bed and I take showers a lot when I'm worried about something (just as good a thinking environment and it's not limited to once a day).

ReputationRep:
    i used to get that but now i watch anime right before bed which helps me forget stuff and just sleep

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.