Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this is gonna seem quite odd but any opinions wld be great. I was driving home and a car was tailgating me all the way (tho i was going 60mph). he overtook me jus b4 a 30mph speed limit and nearly crashed into an oncoming car (which flashed him and he swore back). I had by little bro and sis in car and so was bit pissed at this bloke and as i turned off i stuck my finger up, which was incredibly petty i know.

Anyway, thought that was the end of it but as I was turning in to my house this bloke came hurtling up behind me and beeped continually, he had done a loop just to do this!

Just wondering what other ppl would have done and if I was completely in wrong - i get v. paranoid about upsetting other drivers!

ReputationRep:
    Little bit of tension on the roads can be a good thing on a friday night. Anyway the guy was totally in the wrong so he deserved a finger.

ReputationRep:
    i have really bad road rage - and i dont even drive! people like that drive me insane! good on you...i might have slammed my brakes on when he was tailgating me, having said that it coula have caused serious injury - you did good

(Original post by Pepaim)
    this is gonna seem quite odd but any opinions wld be great. I was driving home and a car was tailgating me all the way (tho i was going 60mph). he overtook me jus b4 a 30mph speed limit and nearly crashed into an oncoming car (which flashed him and he swore back). I had by little bro and sis in car and so was bit pissed at this bloke and as i turned off i stuck my finger up, which was incredibly petty i know.

Anyway, thought that was the end of it but as I was turning in to my house this bloke came hurtling up behind me and beeped continually, he had done a loop just to do this!

Just wondering what other ppl would have done and if I was completely in wrong - i get v. paranoid about upsetting other drivers!
    wait til there right up your arse and press the brake just enough to get the lights on. if they dont back off, then hit the brake and slow down. they then usually back off. if they dont, do it again, but this time use the handbrake (no brake lights). if they hit you, there liable. after all, you slowed down because a cat ran accross the road and they hit you because they were too close to slow down

ReputationRep:
    Well you weren't in the wrong but you have to remember that people who drive really aggressively are going to react aggressively when you do something like that. It sux but you have to keep your cool otherwise they may end up killing you.

(Original post by Special Patrol)
    Well you weren't in the wrong but you have to remember that people who drive really aggressively are going to react aggressively when you do something like that. It sux but you have to keep your cool otherwise they may end up killing you.
    another idea is to hold something up thaat looks like a camera. aim it towards the number plate and the drivers face. they soon give you some space.

ReputationRep:

Tap the breaks every now and then, just to see how close he is. If he has any sense he will slow down. I would have just slowed down and give him the opportunity to overtake. Let the car in front of you worry about his actions. You just don't know the mental state of some drivers, and thus sometimes it's just not worth the risk to initiate something if it could have easily been avoided.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of car was the guy driving, and how old?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    C reg BMW - driver quite young, was it u?! lol

a few month ago i was overtaking a truck at 60MPH (truck was goin bout 55). a car came from behind, doing 80 easily. i had no intention of letting her past until i had got past the 2 trucks. considering the speed limit was 50. she was right up my arse so i tapped the brake. she didnt get the hint to back off so i hot the brakes. she got the shock of her life and nearly hit the central reservation

ReputationRep:
    thats quite harsh but also gutsy! Id feel to guilty about doing that, am worrying now that iv done something wrong!!

ReputationRep:
    C reg BMW - driver quite young, was it u?! lol
    Would I? :angel:

So it was some idiot, only had his car for a few months - that's why they pay £1000+ on the insurance TP!

I drive an Almera, too fast granted but there ya go, I don't tailgate people.

Andrew

thats quite harsh but also gutsy! Id feel to guilty about doing that, am worrying now that iv done something wrong!!
    but something (could have)fell from the truck so i took action and slowed down. she should have further back where she had time to slow down if i had to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    but something (could have)fell from the truck so i took action and slowed down. she should have further back where she had time to slow down if i had to.

(Original post by izzy_hattie)
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    loadsa ppl have faster cars than me! mines an old banged up fiesta (red of course)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    a few month ago i was overtaking a truck at 60MPH (truck was goin bout 55). a car came from behind, doing 80 easily. i had no intention of letting her past until i had got past the 2 trucks. considering the speed limit was 50. she was right up my arse so i tapped the brake. she didnt get the hint to back off so i hot the brakes. she got the shock of her life and nearly hit the central reservation
    ****ing lethal advice you moron.

Fortunately most people on here are bright enough to know not to follow it

ReputationRep:
    loadsa ppl have faster cars than me! mines an old banged up fiesta (red of course)!
    ...of course?! :cool:

Andrew

most people has faster cars than me aswell. doesnt mean i cant race past people tho! (altho for me to race past people, they must be going very slow)

im def gonna get a car with a bigger engine

(Original post by -mb-)
    ****ing lethal advice you moron.

Fortunately most people on here are bright enough to know not to follow it
    most people here are bright enough to relize that driving dangerously close to another car at high speeds can cause an accident

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.