road rage Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pepaim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i no nothing about cars, as long as it goes and its quite pretty im happy.... still wud be nice to put ur foot down and go somewhere when going up a hil instead of going backwards!!
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MorbidAngel)
:hello:
:hello:
Pepaim
Rep:
?
cheers for all the help guys, just hope he forgets where i live but think next time will just count to 10!!
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pepaim)
i no nothing about cars, as long as it goes and its quite pretty im happy.... still wud be nice to put ur foot down and go somewhere when going up a hil instead of going backwards!!
That's just such a female response

Andrew
Pepaim
Rep:
?
i know im an incredibly predictable person......and i cant park to save my life!
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
this is gonna seem quite odd but any opinions wld be great. I was driving home and a car was tailgating me all the way (tho i was going 60mph). he overtook me jus b4 a 30mph speed limit and nearly crashed into an oncoming car (which flashed him and he swore back). I had by little bro and sis in car and so was bit pissed at this bloke and as i turned off i stuck my finger up, which was incredibly petty i know.

Anyway, thought that was the end of it but as I was turning in to my house this bloke came hurtling up behind me and beeped continually, he had done a loop just to do this!

Just wondering what other ppl would have done and if I was completely in wrong - i get v. paranoid about upsetting other drivers!
What city was this in? Remind me to cross it off the "to visit" list. :p:

How much time passed before this guy nearly crashed into you and you getting home? I have never seen anyone go this far to get back at someone. Either this person had way too much free time on their hands, or they're a lunatic. I hope he didn't have enough time to look at your license plate.
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i know im an incredibly predictable person......and i cant park to save my life!
That's a women thing in general *runs for cover*

Andrew
-mb-
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
most people here are bright enough to relize that driving dangerously close to another car at high speeds can cause an accident
And that its dangerous to "provoke" people who are driving so dangerously
And that it's incredibly dangerous to brake unexpectedly to "make them back off" or "give them a scare"
Pepaim
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bismarck)
What city was this in? Remind me to cross it off the "to visit" list. :p:

How much time passed before this guy nearly crashed into you and you getting home? I have never seen anyone go this far to get back at someone. Either this person had way too much free time on their hands, or they're a lunatic. I hope he didn't have enough time to look at your license plate.
I was in my home village so didn't have far to get back, still quite sad though! My friends tell me it happens quite regularly to them tho oi wud of thought they wud of learnt their lesson after first time!
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
this is gonna seem quite odd but any opinions wld be great. I was driving home and a car was tailgating me all the way (tho i was going 60mph). he overtook me jus b4 a 30mph speed limit and nearly crashed into an oncoming car (which flashed him and he swore back). I had by little bro and sis in car and so was bit pissed at this bloke and as i turned off i stuck my finger up, which was incredibly petty i know.

Anyway, thought that was the end of it but as I was turning in to my house this bloke came hurtling up behind me and beeped continually, he had done a loop just to do this!

Just wondering what other ppl would have done and if I was completely in wrong - i get v. paranoid about upsetting other drivers!
well, i'm a total road rage person. not in the way that i'd do something like that, but more i'd retalliate if someone did do that. however, it's bloody stupid. this guy could be high on drugs or whatever, he could have a knife or a gun, and if he hits you, then he will most likely drive off and that's your insurance f*cked. you need to be especially careful when it's not just you in the car, i know you'd wanna fight back, but your bro and sis are more important. i'd advise you to stay the f*ck away from lunatics like that, because getting one over on them isn't worth the cost of them crashing into you.

god i sound like my dad. i'm not having a go at you, because in ur situation i would have continued driving at a nice slow pace, then when he tried to overtake, accelerate so he couldn't, and really really piss him off. yes i'm a tw*t, yes i'm probably going to end up getting shot, but it's really quite satisfying to see some middle aged man getting all worked up because a blonde "bimbo" is playing cat and mouse with him in her (probably) better car.
saz_1989
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by -mb-)
And that its dangerous to "provoke" people who are driving so dangerously
And that it's incredibly dangerous to brake unexpectedly to "make them back off" or "give them a scare"
yes. brake sharply and they'll run in the back of you, and probably drive off.

although i am guilty of driving very close behind people who do 30 in a 40 mph zone when i cant overtake.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by andyukguy)
That's just such a female response

Andrew
I know eh?
saz_1989
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
I know eh?
oi! i know a lot about cars and i can drive damn well, and i'm a girl.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lozza)
oi! i know a lot about cars and i can drive damn well, and i'm a girl.
whats the HP and torque of the car you drive then? :p:

to the original poster, next time, if the road 'rager' is female, try seducing them, then ditch them last minute. always hurts the person
Pepaim
Rep:
?
(Original post by ramroff)
to the original poster, next time, if the road 'rager' is female, try seducing them, then ditch them last minute. always hurts the person
i am female so dont think that would help me much!
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i am female so dont think that would help me much!
oh, ok well try seducing if they're male?

a mate of mine was the road 'rager' once, he was in a really foul moud and this female that was on the receiving end of his rage got her female passenger to turn round to him and she flashed him! :eek:
he ended up crashing into a road sign :rolleyes:
Apricot Fairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wait til there right up your arse and press the brake just enough to get the lights on. if they dont back off, then hit the brake and slow down. they then usually back off. if they dont, do it again, but this time use the handbrake (no brake lights). if they hit you, there liable. after all, you slowed down because a cat ran accross the road and they hit you because they were too close to slow down

That's a bloody stupid thing to do. Someone could get seriously hurt.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was in my home village so didn't have far to get back, still quite sad though! My friends tell me it happens quite regularly to them tho oi wud of thought they wud of learnt their lesson after first time!
That would explain it. What else can people in villages do for fun?
fitt_guy
Report 13 years ago
i would just keep to the speed limit im supposed to be at, then keep giving the driver evils through the rear view mirror.

go a bit over, then break a little so you're back to the limit. that way he'll know that he's prob going to fast.

as for road rage.....i get stressed when: a) people don't signal b) when people think its their right of way when its clearly not and c) when people just get out in front of you.

my solution? the horn!!!!! lol!!! BEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP. once though, i beeped this guy in front of me and i overtook him: however he followed me to the shops that i was going to: i was well scared! i took a detour lol to make sure we dind't confront. hee hee.
Pepaim
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bismarck)
That would explain it. What else can people in villages do for fun?
We get to go to barn dances and sleep on hay bales! Of course villages are just full of inbreds, esp in Sussex, lol only joking.

My main entertainment is Tory baiting!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads