Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Listen I just finished all my written exams for the French Baccalaureate and I still have two OIB orals and then I'll be done on the 24 th and I'll get the results on the 4th.

I know that I've succeeded , for my level , in most of my examinations but I'm not sure if I'll manage to achieve the 14 required by my university .I'm sure I can get around 13 or over.

I know that we can always negotiate entry if we call the admission office and try to prove that we are the right person for this uni and course.

I was wondering if any of you had previous experiences and if you had any tips to give me in case I don't get my 14.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone familiar with what I'm talking about ?

ReputationRep:
    Well usually by results day they've made their decisions about who gets in. But then that might be different if you're not doing a-levels. When do your exam results come out? I've heard of people who've done none a-level exams, got them a month or so before a-level people and missed their offer, and had to wait that whole month to find out if they got in or not.

ReputationRep:
    my resutls are on the 4th of july

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, you have about 6 weeks or so between your results coming out and everybody elses. If you miss your grades, whether you get in or not depends on how many other people missed their grades, which is why you might not know until a-level results come out. But I guess you could take that chance to email/call them and tell them that you really, really want to go there! Can't do any harm!

Do you have an insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    yes but I don't want to go there so If I fail I'll stay in France

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.