Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How can you be sure that they use actual chicken though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    aye...
    that should be advice for people and the government...
    place all McDonalds under quarantine and advise the general public to keep out...
    And then blow them up!
    --------------
    (Original post by Twaffy)
    How can you be sure that they use actual chicken though?
    Because it says now made with real chicken!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ninja)
    That is always reassuring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ninja)
    what was it made of before??? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Skals or Chavs have my vote cos they're funny as F**K, while Goths just depress me generally

ReputationRep:
    Chavs interfere with my everyday life more, and they disgust me... Goths, however should be more intelligent than to section themselves off from society, as they so often do, and hence will be judged as no better for now.

All of these finite groupings is a bad idea, based on poor conceptual views of the world... Screw it all, and just be a person, dont subscribe to a group!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Goths, however should be more intelligent than to section themselves off from society, as they so often do, and hence will be judged as no better for now.
    Goths don't section themselves from society, it's more like the other way round- they feel like society has excluded them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grave_dreams)
    Goths don't section themselves from society, it's more like the other way round- they feel like society has excluded them..
    So they dress in black and wear knee-high boots because society wouldn't let them wear anything else? When goths do wear attire like that, it is either to attract attention or make themselves unique as a group.. it doesn't define them as individuals, and neither is it the result of society rejecting them.

ReputationRep:
    ok. For the last time: goths do not have to be people who dress in black etc etc. pls read my post on page 8
    --------------
    this is just another media-stereotype, i know many 'goths' who dress just like you and me... the definition of goth varies greatly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grave_dreams)
    ok. For the last time: goths do not have to be people who dress in black etc etc. pls read my post on page 8
    But the majority of them do wear black.

ReputationRep:
    it's about half half...

ReputationRep:
    I choose neither because of the "normal" people aspect. BUT if it were between just chavs and goths... then it would be 100% goths... as chavs are too much trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No. Don't know how to intrepret that reply. I just had a thought years ago that proportionally black people will lean towards chav etc (like here) because of how some music is cultured, such as in hip hop etc. It's like nearly all of profiles I see on contact sites like sms.ac that black people listen to R n B and hip hop, whereas white people tend to listen to music outside their own 'group' including hip hop too. So there's more chance of finding someone who's white that listens to RnB than a black person into rock. Perhaps it's a culture divide or something? It's very rare for me to come across black members of the opposite gender into rock you know but when I do hmmmm
    WTF?

Okay, I'm part black, and I detest RnB. Oh, and I love rock. And wait for it...one of my favorite genres is classical!! :eek:

Generalise much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ...Sprigged...)
    WTF?

Okay, I'm part black, and I detest RnB. Oh, and I love rock. And wait for it...one of my favorite genres is classical!! :eek:

Generalise much?
    i agree...
    loads of metal bands have black members...
    God Forbid and Sepultura are... erm... 'common' examples...

i have lots of black/RnB folk as my friends...
    heck, i also listen to Public Enemy sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    How come 30 people have chosen chavs???
    Goths are actually quite intelligent and funny, even if their music is annoying

ReputationRep:
    i think the minority voted for themselves. chavs go down!!!

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt Chavs though both sets are absolute *****....

Being somewhere in the middle of the two I have friends who are Chavs and Skaters but all out goths just make me laugh.... Chavs have respect for the way they look (even if you disagree with it) but goths annoy me as they base their whole lives on music....

What really pisses me off is the way that the media and the public school snobs have started using the word 'chav' to describe just about everybody that walks the face of the earth.... Chavs are not people like Jordan for christ sake....

However the positive thing about both Chavs and Goths is that both groups tend to be more outgoing than the 'normal' people.... i am the exception to this rule and because of this frequently get called a goth by chavs and a chav by goths.... gotta laugh...

ReputationRep:
    No. Don't know how to intrepret that reply. I just had a thought years ago that proportionally black people will lean towards chav etc (like here) because of how some music is cultured, such as in hip hop etc. It's like nearly all of profiles I see on contact sites like sms.ac that black people listen to R n B and hip hop, whereas white people tend to listen to music outside their own 'group' including hip hop too. So there's more chance of finding someone who's white that listens to RnB than a black person into rock. Perhaps it's a culture divide or something? It's very rare for me to come across black members of the opposite gender into rock you know but when I do hmmmm
    Errr...I hate Hip Hop :confused:

ReputationRep:
    to sum up everyone else's arguments...

chavs are destructive, illiterate rodents who congregate in town centres plaguing normal people with their loud and offensive manner.

goths are strange, mysterious people with few social skills, like dark and heavy music and practise wierd ceremonies in graveyards whilst purging the soul of a young virgin.

come on, these are just stereotypes. there are good chavs, and (mainly) bad chavs, but ive worked with at least one (not indicative of society i know but hey) before and although we dodn't have a lot of the same interests, he was a friendly person, if somewhat crude and immature.
    I also know plenty of goths and these people are labelled freaks because they often choose not to go with social norms and trends. who cares? who really gives a toss? most of the 'goths' i know are the nicest people i know. i know that people naturally categorise others because it makes it easier to 'understand' society but to say one group of people is better than another is akin to racism IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Goths aren't aignoring social norms and trends they're just subscribing to another group! Hence the name gothS!! i.e more than one! How they cannot realise that they are simply fitting into a group and not rebelling against everything is beyond me but thats their choice. As for chavs....... i think a cull is in order, or mass deportation, or animal experiments yes i think we're getting somewhere... oh however leave out the nice chavs.. on second thoughts dont. eliminate them all and rid society of henry lloyd jumpers and trackies with timberland boots forever. End rant.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.