Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_ndy_)
    Damn Right..

A few of my mates are goths, and a few are chavs, and to ask me to choose which ones i would rather hang around with would be wrong, they are both equally as nice to me, and i wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with either of them. I don't see the difference in talk to be honest either..
    If they dont hang around street corners purposely trying to cause trouble then I wouldn't mind them either although I dont really like the way chavs talk, it annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    If they dont hang around street corners purposely trying to cause trouble then I wouldn't mind them either although I dont really like the way chavs talk, it annoys me.
    Nope, they don't do that, thankfully.. well they might, but i don't get involved. They are more the when drunk "Im well 'ard mush" (when they aren't really) sort of chavs... :rofl: I agree with you.. i don't like the way some of them talk, and the way they only pick on people in big groups.. the fools

ReputationRep:
    Goths - cus they're just normal people masked by heavy make up and black clothing.

Chavs are actually mentally and socially retarded people dressed up in a uniform of tracksuits, Burberry and baseball caps to hide the fact that they're socially inept with a fear of intelligence, independence and individualism...phew! Long sentence!

Rant over :P

ReputationRep:
    hmm... why bother labelling urself with goth, chav and stuff...why dont just label as british, asian, or whatever wheres the pride of your nationality?...i mean we all somehow influenced by the media..me too, but I dont go around telling ppl that im goth or watever it just plain rubbish..one more thing DONT let the media deceive ur mind! adieu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmuazr)
    hmm... why bother labelling urself with goth, chav and stuff...why dont just label as british, asian, or whatever wheres the pride of your nationality?...i mean we all somehow influenced by the media..me too, but I dont go around telling ppl that im goth or watever it just plain rubbish..one more thing DONT let the media deceive ur mind! adieu

I don't think the youth of today stop to think like that :p:

They all need to be "classed" as some sort of group, so people think they are cool etc...

There are a hell of alot more "groups" other then goths and chavs... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Goths, becasue theyre both weird but atleast goths keep to themselves...

ReputationRep:
    im not a labeller...i dont mind either, ive met some really funny chavs and some really nice goths, well i admit i am a bit intimidated by charv and goth gangs if im by myself but on the whole they are ok.

ReputationRep:
    Goths.

ReputationRep:
    A year seven kid kindly informed me the other day that goths smell. I was wearing my Korn hat and bag, not even a hoodie, and she's telling me this...I'm like, well, it's a good thing I'm not a goth then, isn't it?

I told my friend who used to live in England but was in Canada for a while about chavs (the last time he was in England "townies" was a popular term) and when I told him about chavs he said it sounded like some kind of disease :laugh: "Euuuurrrghh, you've got chavs!" Like some kind of gross skin abnormality.

Anyway, yes, goths.

ReputationRep:
    They're both around the same in my opinion. And a lowly opinion it is at that. Both seek too much attention, both are a blight in society, both have a weird and stupid dress sense, both are inclined to drug/alcohol abuse/teenage pregnancys, neither have a grip on reality. But if i were to be locked in a cell with one or the other i'd probably say goth, because they usually are slightly more intelligent and have good music taste...sometimes=]

ReputationRep:
    GOTHS. Chavs r nt kl init...

Although, what exactly is a GOTH?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndy)
    I don't think the youth of today stop to think like that :p:

They all need to be "classed" as some sort of group, so people think they are cool etc...

There are a hell of alot more "groups" other then goths and chavs... :rolleyes:
    It's not the youth of TODAY, admittedly it's much more discussed these days, but there have always been socail divisions. Mods n' rockers, punks n' hair metallers, etc, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    GOTHS. Chavs r nt kl init...

Although, what exactly is a GOTH?
    listens to punk rock, has long black hair... i think.

ReputationRep:
    I think Goths are actually dying out, there used to be a load of them around town but now i never see them- my friend was even a goth but she converted,,,..

ReputationRep:
    you should have made a poll lol!

But I deffo prefer goths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolatePie)
    you should have made a poll lol!
    I did make a poll, and it about 200+ votes on it (with goths winning about 75%-25% i think), but it disappeared! Must of happened recently, I checked a couple of weeks ago and it was still there.

ReputationRep:
    Goths Rule

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for the goth every time.

Here's something for you to ponder. These two social groups are fundamentally different. You see adult chavs all the time. I've never seen a goth over the age of 25. I think gothdom is a middle class teenage escape, whereas chavdom is an unfortunate reality for some poor people.

There are similarities. They are both expensive habits. All that leather, or an expensive tracksuit?

The major problem with goths is that they don't want to conform, and are trying to express their individuality. However, they all conform to the goth image, and they all look the same.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to join in now

In Telford, there are 2 main colleges, one is a sixth form college, full of Goths, the other is a more vocational college offering courses including "ceramics" and "gardening", which is full of chavs.

Now, being the insightful and observant person that i am, ive noticed that the goths are doing the a levels, and apsiring to things like uni, and jobs. Wheras the chavs are doing courses such as ceramics, getting their money for turning up, and then getting pregnant asap.

Based on what i see day in day out, i admire the goths and want to kill all the chavs... in the future theyll be sponging while the goths pay taxes for them to pay for their many children

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me the definition of a chav please?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.