Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzi_law)
    Based on what i see day in day out, i admire the goths and want to kill all the chavs... in the future theyll be sponging while the goths pay taxes for them to pay for their many children
    Nah, I'd bet the goths would just suck their blood or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think i'd give them both an equal chance.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't goths been superseded by emos?

ReputationRep:
    Niether. I try to only befriend people who are themselves, not some mis-matched label.

For instance how could you class me and a few mates? We're all BMXers, into DnB, Heavy Metal, rap and Hardcore. On top of that me and a friend are mad on computers and cars too. So what would we be?

ReputationRep:
    Chavs beat up my friend/ex bf the other day. No prizes for guessing which group I prefer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxSpicyChickenxx)
    what about normal people!
    Normal people scare me... :eek:

i'd say goth but thats only cos chavs have made my life hell... generally the goths talk to me civily and dont make up a load of useless words!!

i prefer individuals who try and be different.. *sigh* unfortunatly we're a dying breed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelharpist)
    Goths - cus they're just normal people masked by heavy make up and black clothing.

Chavs are actually mentally and socially retarded people dressed up in a uniform of tracksuits, Burberry and baseball caps to hide the fact that they're socially inept with a fear of intelligence, independence and individualism...phew! Long sentence!

Rant over :P

Oh look! It's the mis-conception brigade!

You know what? Never mind, you suck at life so much that's there's no point in elaborating in how your statement is flawed, and how it would be on at the bottom of the pile.

Bottom Line: You need to learn life.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs

ReputationRep:
    I say chav's too, i know goths and can be a semi-goth myself when i feel like it, But my experience it that chav's are complete wasters most of them.

ReputationRep:
    Goths: Big on black clothing and wearing make-up (white face with black and/or red around the eye and mouth area), can be threatening if you mess with them. They tend to gravitate towards dark areas (e.g. graveyards) and listen to music with dark themes, although, as far as i'm aware, the deafening volume is usually played alone, not sure about iPods (if applicable).

(don't know any examples of them)

Chavs: Big on Hooded tops, cheap "bling" and anti-social behavior, which can include, beating people up and recording it using thier camera phones, they also have a below average capability of speaking English. Their behavior is much like a pack of wolves, they hunt in packs, targeting those who won't stand a chance and they listen to Rap or similar music at "concert volume" levels in the home, in their cars (inflicting it on all others that they pass), on thier iPods and even as Ringtones.

Has anyone watched this weeks Dead Ringers, it has amusing examples of chav culture in the form of, as i'd put it, Mr Happy goes to Chav Town, which includes the other characters:

*Little Miss Chav (and her 4 babies)
    *Mr Happy Slapper and Little Miss ASBO (who beat up Mr Happy and record using camera phones)
    *Mr Crack Dealer
    *Mr Drive-By Shooter (which shoots Mr Happy with an Automatic weapon)

Although i'm not sure about the last two bits.

(The Cathering Tate Show and Little Britain has examples of them, but in the 2nd case, it involves transvestitism from one of the actors)

ReputationRep:
    Are there many of either type in England?

ReputationRep:
    I dont like either...

ReputationRep:
    I think I prefer goths on the whole. But I haven't had much of a chance to talk to many chavs because I live in spain. But I think both have good and bad points and everyone's entitled to their own oppinion.

ReputationRep:
    I think I prefer goths on the whole. But I haven't had much of a chance to talk to many chavs because I live in spain. But I think both have good and bad points and everyone's entitled to their own oppinion.

ReputationRep:
    sorry about the double post ^ internets playing up!

ReputationRep:
    They're both social rejects, chavs are just more outgoing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmuazr)
    hmm... why bother labelling urself with goth, chav and stuff...why dont just label as british, asian, or whatever wheres the pride of your nationality?...i mean we all somehow influenced by the media..me too, but I dont go around telling ppl that im goth or watever it just plain rubbish..one more thing DONT let the media deceive ur mind! adieu
    I don't like labelling myself at all. But if i were to have a choice between being labelled as a goth and being labelled because of the land i was born in/ the country stated in my passport, then i would definitly choose goth. Simply because in a country, there are people with different personality types, interests, values, frame of minds etc. You might not agree with its politics, the way its run, their stereotypical values, you might not like the language or the culture. I don't feel the need to be patriotic just because it's a land where i happen to be born in. But the definition of goth for me and for most people who would consider themselves real goths (and do not see it as a fashion/music genre) is that it is a personality type, it implies creativity, an introverted personality, a day- dreamer, a fan of art, literature, music (mainly gothic...), having unique views, having strong spiritual believes etc etc. Which to me, says more than being asian.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who generalize and judge people based on stupid lil preconceptions about youth sub-cultures alot more than I hate Chavs or Goths.

I know Chavs who are decent people with an excellent sense of humour and I know Chavs that are violent and who hate people because they show individuality or intelligence.

I know some very kewl goths who all do art and design at college and spend all their free time sitting in dark rooms listening to the velvet underground. They are some of the most liberal, open minded, interesting and warm people I know. Theres were also a few self-centred, shallow and pompous girls at school who you'd call goths.

To conclude: Labels mean nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    I hate people who generalize and judge people based on stupid lil preconceptions about youth sub-cultures alot more than I hate Chavs or Goths.

I know Chavs who are decent people with an excellent sense of humour and I know Chavs that are violent and who hate people because they show individuality or intelligence.

I know some very kewl goths who all do art and design at college and spend all their free time sitting in dark rooms listening to the velvet underground. They are some of the most liberal, open minded, interesting and warm people I know. Theres were also a few self-centred, shallow and pompous girls at school who you'd call goths.

i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)

Are there anything in these people here who really do believe that 'Chavs' are irredeemable. And that those deemed most whorthy worthy get what they deserve

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.