GOTHS vs CHAVS Watch

Eb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Loq)
Are there many of either type in England?
millions
fletchinator
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I reckon the male chavs and goths can be quite alright when you get talking to them on their own, the goths even in a group. Its the female chavs and goths, they're nearly always in groups of 2-3 or more and they can both be really *****y and sarcastic.
Mentis Venator
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Have you seen that Dead Ringers animated bit which I can only describe as "Mr Happy in South London"?
seanaldo123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i was going to say goths, because they r usualy out of the way and chavs r more 'in ur face' , but when i just watch goths and see them all in their own little habbitat - i go mad!!!!!! they are the most annoying ppl, there life is just pointless (well the ones where i live are!) sorry if ive offended anyone and yes, one on one they usualy are quite nice and friendly, but its their sence of humour aswel that i hate - its really blatant and crap !
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Goths!
ChiquitaBanana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what is it with goths, so scary!:eek:
SoapBox
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The other day my boyfriend and I saw what we could only describe as a 'chemo' lol. It wasnt a goth but it was half chav, half emo! Impossible I hear you say! But no! Im afraid not...it was a scary sight! :eek:
sheepgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Goths are much better than chavs
halfoflessthan50p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Also Punks are much better than chavs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8E0ArRDyXs&eurl=
M1TCH3LL
Report 12 years ago
As a Metalhead, I'd have to say goths are on my prefered list as far as "goths v chavs", but that's not to say I don't have chav friends, because I do, and they're pretty cool and easy to talk to. It's also funny to talk about each other's musical preferences.

"Was listening to... what's his name... Dizzee Rascal, he's pretty cool, man"

"Yeah, he's sick, star. I was checkin out 'dat Linkin Park or whatever, y'know, they were pretty meaty, yeah"

Or something like that.

I don't mind who I talk to or get on with though. If you're a nice person, I'll get on with you. If you're not, I won't.

And as for the labelling thing concerning "what makes a goth, what makes a chav", the answer is "us". Welcome to society
lucky_jon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You know you're getting old when this argument used to be Trendies vs Grungers...
Liquid Skin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Chav

Words cannot express the joy i experienced when i read this.
graveyarddreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Liquid Skin)
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Chav

Words cannot express the joy i experienced when i read this.
The greatest (and most accurate) definition i've read by far.
KellsEnder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Goths. I've never met an intelligent chav.
halfoflessthan50p
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have! he's called Aaron Bolton and he lives in Wales. 4As, applied to cambridge and he talks like he cant read or something (haha nice guy though.)

Never heard of another one though
E-mi-ri
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think we need to look at the definitions here...

Chav = Council house and violent. A chav is the type of person to enjoy mugging or happy slapping people. They go out of their way to provoke people and want to start fights. Their uniform of choice is the tracksuit and burberry, and their most favoured music style is rap/r'n'b. Not all people that listen to this music or wear these clothes are chavs, as chav is primarily about describing their attitude. Chavs are by definition violent and ill-educated, therefore there are no nice or intelligent chavs, because if they were, they wouldn't actually BE chavs.

Goth = Someone that listens to gothic music and wears gothic fashion. Yes, this subculture IS primarily a music subculture, started in the late 70s with bands such as bauhaus, christian death...etc. There is a certain mindset to go with it, but in general you can find a huge range of different personalities within the gothic scene. Unfortunately the vast majority of people nowadays fail to know this, and incorrectly label anything in black as a goth, and think that they are all depressed/satanists or something, when it is not the case.

so I have a choice of somebody who owns a few sisters CDs or someone that wants a fight init bruv. Hmmmm.
halfoflessthan50p
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by E-mi-ri)
I think we need to look at the definitions here...

Chav = Council house and violent. A chav is the type of person to enjoy mugging or happy slapping people. They go out of their way to provoke people and want to start fights. Their uniform of choice is the tracksuit and burberry, and their most favoured music style is rap/r'n'b. Not all people that listen to this music or wear these clothes are chavs, as chav is primarily about describing their attitude. Chavs are by definition violent and ill-educated, therefore there are no nice or intelligent chavs, because if they were, they wouldn't actually BE chavs.

Goth = Someone that listens to gothic music and wears gothic fashion. Yes, this subculture IS primarily a music subculture, started in the late 70s with bands such as bauhaus, christian death...etc. There is a certain mindset to go with it, but in general you can find a huge range of different personalities within the gothic scene. Unfortunately the vast majority of people nowadays fail to know this, and incorrectly label anything in black as a goth, and think that they are all depressed/satanists or something, when it is not the case.

so I have a choice of somebody who owns a few sisters CDs or someone that wants a fight init bruv. Hmmmm.
Sorry but how hypocritical was that?!?

You say ALL chavs are violent and ill-educated then have a go at people for stereotyping Goths :laugh:

I mean i prefer goths too but you cant judge one by the way they dress and the other by the way they act. You have to judge them both by the way they treat you. Not all chavs hang around city centres starting fights y'know
Liquid Skin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, they hang around the city outskirts starting fights as well
dominatas
Report 12 years ago
there are good goths and chavs. it's hard to decide. maybe goths...but i don't really fancy them both
Liquid Skin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Chavs are the long-term problem, some say that they can lay up to 10 eggs an hour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads