GOTHS vs CHAVS Watch

SaccerZD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Motherless Child and October Project seem to have the lifted the entire weighty thread on to their shoulders and propelled it to a new stratosperic height...
TKR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Motherless Child)
I don't think you can judge a personality on the merits of how they dress.

From personal experience, the only goth I know is attention seeking so I rarely talk to her now, and the only chav I know is a really funny guy. He was one of the "[email protected]" at school who was feared by many, but then he got a job at the same hotel as me and we became quite good mates.

You can't, and have no right to, judge anyone without sampling their personality. (I used to do that, until I met this "chav" and spoke to him properly. As I said, I used to think he was a [email protected], but he prooved me wrong )

Motherless Child
couldnt have said it better myself... i voted for neither though there are bad things about the received characteristics of both groups

goths probably irritate me more though as they seem to really beleive they are superior to other people by virtue of listening to certain types of music - likes it's this big secret that no one else is in on - it's a phase for 90% of them and they lok back on it with scorn... and don't even get me started on "we're all individuals together" :rolleyes:
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by October Project)
Who, exactly, decides who "is" a "chav" and who "is" a "goth"? Who defines the difference between someone who "is" either of those things, or who simply wears gothic make up or clothes? I really don't get these stupid labels. Is there some list which you sign when you decide to "become" either?

I really can't make myself type, write or say either "goth" or "chav" without using some form of speech marks. The words are just so ridiculous.
Totally agree.

For myself, i've met more "chavs" that i would gladly talk to than goths. Just like the dude above, goths piss me off.

"Oh let's hang around in Nottingham town square trying to look different, yet we all look identical. Oh, if someone walks through our 'meeting' we'll squeal at them or give them evils" :rolleyes:

To be fair though, most people 'our' age who 'claim' to be 'gothic' don't know the slightest, so i'd hate to generalise about all goths as ive never had the (dis)pleasure of meeting one above 20-25 years old.
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
goiths cause they can hold a conversation and usually arnt poor little beggers
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by erk)
Totally agree.

For myself, i've met more "chavs" that i would gladly talk to than goths. Just like the dude above, goths piss me off.

"Oh let's hang around in Nottingham town square trying to look different, yet we all look identical. Oh, if someone walks through our 'meeting' we'll squeal at them or give them evils" :rolleyes:

To be fair though, most people 'our' age who 'claim' to be 'gothic' don't know the slightest, so i'd hate to generalise about all goths as ive never had the (dis)pleasure of meeting one above 20-25 years old.
agreed, they enjoy congregating around the council house a lot (used to be grebs/moshers but they're a dying breed...)
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Goths everytime as I know quite a lot so therefore know that they are desent people.

Chavs are just complete idiots who will try and pick a fight with you only if they are backed up with about 10 of their mates.
Smokyjoe123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i am not goth and definitely not a chav, but goths from my experience have always seemed reasonable to me if not a little strange. although people are categorised for their appearance, which has obviously been debated here, and goths indeed look strange in comparison to your average person in a suit. but on the whole, goths are decent people who can sustain a conversation. where as chavs are incompetent idiots, who mill around town centres starting fights or getting high on mcdonalds milkshakes.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Goths why?

Quite like the attitude 'some' of them can have - quite sexy and rebellious in some people, don't like it when its manufactured and fake. I was in college three years back, and in my biology class, a goth, she had such a sexy accent....quite husky i must say, but husky sits well with me. Im not a goth myself, nor will i ever be, but i can appreciate them for than i can for chavs, just my preferences....
jbcubed3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I chose goths though I probably would be chosen neither.
I don't really know what the poll is looking for really - who you hang out with, who do you prefer etc.
hjmorgstew
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MorbidAngel)
nothin wrong with goths. at least we do hit random people and record it on our phones
But you are still just as pathetic.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hjmorgstew)
But you are still just as pathetic.
i take it as your a charv. ignorant ****
itsingi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
IMHO it really depends on the individual. However, goths are sexier.
RealityIsDull
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
one is better?
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MorbidAngel)
i take it as your a charv. ignorant ****
Yes, they frequently call themselves pathetic, don't they? :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So I can have a goth chick, nice and voluptuous in a black corset and all that make up and stuff but says some weird things or have a chav bird and after splitting up I hear she's pregnant before the age of 18 hmmmmm
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MR_JR)

goths dont inhabit every street corner and make you fear walking at night
Around where I live a lot of "goths" seem to hang about on the streets at night for no apparent reason and I get just as nervous walking near the "goth gangs" as the "chav gangs".

Its "goths" not "chavs" that are constantly hanging around the front of my school doing drugs and causing trouble.

I know this isn't a fair representation of "goths" as a lot of my friends could have this label applied to them..However at the same time I have friends who are so called "chavs" yet they are lovely people. They may drive their cars around the streets at 2 in the morning with loud music but they are the boyfriends of my best friends and I think they are good people..

So neither. Both can be as bad as each other (Chavs of death..hehe). Both can be as lovely as each other. It all depends on the person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I didn't offend anyone with all that!! Sorry if I did. I have nothing against Goths or Chavs as a whole..its just the extremes that annoy me!!
Imperium
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You cant generlise "charv's" and "goth" am willing to bet that everyone on this site has been classed as a "goth" or "charv" by someone they dont know sometime in their life, i dont really have problems with either, both groups have negative and postive aspects of their culture, its just that some individuals that are "[email protected]" and as human nature dictates most of thier "groups" will follow suite, indiviually i have no problem with either groups.
SilverWings
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Chav

End of
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LibertineNorth)
Yes, they frequently call themselves pathetic, don't they? :rolleyes:
Well conidering that they will never try anything unless they have a small army on their side, I'd say yes.
tktaylor6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its all bout the metlers goths listen to whoopsy music and are to emotional and in all honesty why would a chav try to harm a goth they can leave the goths to there increasingly popular "self harm" bikers and metal heads forever!! long live anthrax!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads