Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have more chav friends than goths, some might even say i act/dress like bit of a chav, tho im not dont worry :P

ReputationRep:
    Goths

ReputationRep:
    I think I would find a nice 'chav' more likable than a nice 'goth', if only because the only truly unpleasant thing about so-called chavs is their aggression. I have a few 'chavvy' friends and they're brilliant.

SO BACK OFF.

Not that there's anything wrong with being suicidal, mind.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs are a lower form of life.

ReputationRep:
    Goths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_jr)
    goth dont happy slap

goths dont go around looking for trouble

goths dont inhabit every street corner and make you fear walking at night

goths usually have an IQ higher than 3

so i prefer goths y'know
    :ditto: I agree.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think its good to go into university with these kind of childish, playground cliquey ideals

who gives a **** !

Goths don't sit on your local park bench drinking cheap cider. Goths have more brains than chavs, and even though they can be "controversial", their opinions are valid. Chav's aren't because...they don't have opinions, they have criminal records.

So...Goths > Chavs.

ReputationRep:
    if you were'nt raised in a liberal bohemian beenie hat wearing enviroment then chavs are an everyday occurence, and some may even be your friends.

goths on the otherhand are people who activily seek out being known or seen as a goth, while for chavs its quite the opposite.

do you get any poor/ economically challenged goths? not really.
    how many goths do you see on a council estate? none.
    goth is a lifestyle taken on by those who choose completely alian to there enviroment, while chavs are chavs just because their effectsof their surroundings.

ReputationRep:
    *weighs out good and bad*
    I doont really care if you down rep me or whatever its called im just voicing an opinion so sorry if it causes offence.

Chavs:
    Speak with annoying accenty things aka. ChavSpeak
    Wear very weird clothes
    Just have an evil look
    Backchat a lot
    General bullying and bad behaviour

Goths:
    Wear way too much black which depresses me :'(

Overall, probably goths because i talk to a lot of goths and they arent afraid to have intelligent conversations without being called swots.

ReputationRep:
    goths are so ****ing fashion impaired.

ReputationRep:
    And chavs are not?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno man, a pair of jogging bottoms and a hoodie goes down a lot easier with me than some of the stuff I've seen people wear. The whole microcosm of "I'm 13-16 so I've got to allign my self to some crappy subculture" look is pretty bunk in its entirety really but its the more "rocky" kids who by far look the most stupid.

Baggy red skinny jeans? Blue checker board hoodies? Huge black ripped jeans? Ties as make shift belts? Ties without a ****ing shirt?

What would Gok Wan say?

ReputationRep:
    Also, I went to college last year with a bunch of these types of people and seriously not one of them had anything interesting to say or worth listening to. At least "chavs" don't exist under the pretense that what they wear and how they dress is a direct reflection on how intelligent they are!

I've seen just as many dumbassed kids sat on park benches in town centres swearing, drinking knock off cider and generally being a prick wearing slipknot t shirts as I have wearing Nike jackets!

ReputationRep:
    They are both the same people in different clothing. Goths think they're being individual when really they're dressing and acting just like their friends or to get attention, they complain about people stereotyping people and not being accepted by some people yet they don't accept anyone who isn't gothic they're just pathetic.

Would rather have a goth though cos atleast their anti social behaviour doesn't usually affect anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't diss my own kind, so goths.

ReputationRep:
    Looks- wise, goths. Other than that, it depends on the individual.

I don't believe complex beings can be categorized into silly little groups.

ReputationRep:
    Goths. Chavs make me nervous, and laugh at me most of the time. Goths I can get along with nicely, and have done so for quite a while.

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen or met a goth, but I have experienced many of the American version of chavs (I'm afraid their called "normal" here). Some are nice, most are annoying.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.