Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    they are both the lowest form of life (appart from the odd microbe)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    By Goth do you mean the chain-wearing teeny rockers that hang around town hall steps like a bad smell, or real goths?

ReputationRep:
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    :s: :s:
    :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:
    :questionm :questionm

WOULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT DO "CHAVE" & "GOTH" SUPPOSED TO MEAN
    i AM OVERSEAS

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
    :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Google)
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    :s: :s:
    :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:
    :questionm :questionm

WOULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT DO "CHAVE" & "GOTH" SUPPOSED TO MEAN
    i AM OVERSEAS

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
    :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse
    for a chav check out:
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.p...=print&sid=864 which kinda explains what chavs do in my town. NB. i didn't write it! or alternatively just look at wayne rooney.

goths - stereotypically dress in black with chains etc. the ones i know are intelligent but people say that they talk about dead bats and funeral ritual things. i don't know, but you can usually tell a goth from the way they dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    By Goth do you mean the chain-wearing teeny rockers that hang around town hall steps like a bad smell, or real goths?
    I was wondering the same thing.

What people call "goths" these days aren't. Since when was listening to Nirvana and Linkin Park "goth"?

ReputationRep:
    that's not a goth, that maybe a grunjer if you fill some more criterias. Listenining to linkin park on its own don't mean the person is a grunjer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    that's not a goth, that maybe a grunjer if you fill some more criterias. Listenining to linkin park on its own don't mean the person is a grunjer.
    I know, but tell that to them and they won't have it. They wear black, they wear chains, they like Marilyn Manson, to them they are 100% goth. Shame they're 100% wrong.

ReputationRep:
    A Goth - at least it is possible to have an intellectual convosation with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    Totally agree.

For myself, i've met more "chavs" that i would gladly talk to than goths. Just like the dude above, goths piss me off.

"Oh let's hang around in Nottingham town square trying to look different, yet we all look identical. Oh, if someone walks through our 'meeting' we'll squeal at them or give them evils" :rolleyes:

To be fair though, most people 'our' age who 'claim' to be 'gothic' don't know the slightest, so i'd hate to generalise about all goths as ive never had the (dis)pleasure of meeting one above 20-25 years old.
    You picked chavs, because 5 people have?

Chavs are the scum of the world

They dont have any respect for people, whether its themselves or others.
    Its mostly chavs who get pregnant at 18
    Its mostly chavs who are in prison
    Its mostly chavs who are not intelligent
    Any fights on a saturday night are mostly chavs

Not only this, but they're sooooooooooooo predictable

You know that they are going to use so many swear words in one single sentence.
    You know that they are bound to be wearing a baseball cap.
    Most likely they wont leave their tracky bottoms behind.
    They will have an attitude problem.
    If female they'll have a tatoo on the lower of their back.
    If male they'll probably be a builder, scaffolder or brickie (no offence to people in these professions, but chavs pick these).

Erm- i cant think of much more lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    You picked chavs, because 5 people have?

Chavs are the scum of the world

They dont have any respect for people, whether its themselves or others.
    Its mostly chavs who get pregnant at 18
    Its mostly chavs who are in prison
    Its mostly chavs who are not intelligent
    Any fights on a saturday night are mostly chavs

Not only this, but they're sooooooooooooo predictable

You know that they are going to use so many swear words in one single sentence.
    You know that they are bound to be wearing a baseball cap.
    Most likely they wont leave their tracky bottoms behind.
    They will have an attitude problem.
    If female they'll have a tatoo on the lower of their back.
    If male they'll probably be a builder, scaffolder or brickie (no offence to people in these professions, but chavs pick these).

Erm- i cant think of much more lol
    oh i forgot, they buy a car (usually a vauxhall nova) that isnt worth as much as their alloys, kit it up and then give it more illumination than a town hight street at christmas with neon lights. How loserish..............!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    me nd my mate are goths nd we never get any trouble of chavs. goths all the way!

ReputationRep:
    chav girls are more easssyyyy

nothing wrong with goths, though im not liking the music very much

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think this would make a great tv show? Imagine Battle Royale but with Goths and Chavs.

ReputationRep:
    I just think that anyone who is happy to get on with there life - be who they want to be and not worry bout wot others think of them are the best people. I mean Chav's are such sheep they all dress the same, all tlk the same (not that i can understand it) but they are just lame - Chavs and pikies i don't like yer!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Whoever started this thread should be b7, and i think taht people who label themselves goths tend to equal **** and listen to the likes of murderdolls and HIM (HIM = ognoes), me im representing Nerd Rap, Screamo and Metal

ReputationRep:
    arh...i hate it when soo many people just jump to conclusion that black=goth and burberry=chavs, i mean, you don't know someone until you actually talk with them. half of my friends like listening to heavy metal and wear black corsets, does it make them goths--no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredwad)
    Whoever started this thread should be b7, and i think taht people who label themselves goths tend to equal **** and listen to the likes of murderdolls and HIM (HIM = ognoes), me im representing Nerd Rap, Screamo and Metal
    what?! you have got it the wrong way round lol, people don't label themselves, it's others that label them

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you on that one moonscape. I'm not a goth i just like to wear clothes like anime/gaming characters do but everyone thinks i'm a goth lol it's quite funny really - escpecially when i turn around and say "i'm an Otaku" lol. But to be fair if you live where i do (near Chatham) you would understand the pikie/chav problem we have so....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utu7)
    What people call "goths" these days aren't. Since when was listening to Nirvana and Linkin Park "goth"?
    Don't worry about it. I was once labelled a grunger on the basis of having long hair at school, when I was into other forms of rock such as thrash metal (e.g. Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax etc). That confused me. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    FREDWAD:

Whoever started this thread should be b7

What is 'b7' meant to mean? is it a typo? explain.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.