Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well all the goths i know are a bit "extreme" but most of them are fairly decent. Chavs well i hate just saying the word, i hate how they speak, these are there most common:
    Propra bad man init,
    safe bruva,
    Ya wat,
    can ya get served. and last but not least
    ya f***ing greebo.
    lol. i was goin start a thred on ppl thoughts of chavs but i dont need to now . i my self prefer rockers (and possably emo's) out of all. just realy dont like chavs TBH i can get on with most others lol

ReputationRep:
    In my view, you should only judge a person by who they are, not what they look like.
    But i'm going to say I prefer Gothic style than Chav clothing, instead of saying who i would rather talk to or say is better

ReputationRep:
    welll i do think that people who take on the gothic role are a bit pretentious although they can be cool... chavs the ones who descrate public facilities and taunt the general public are definitely worse although again , these are generic labels i've met some nice people who some would consider 'chav' like.

(Original post by melbourne)
    If male they'll probably be a builder, scaffolder or brickie (no offence to people in these professions, but chavs pick these).
    :eek:

the scaffold will prob fall down when you climb it and the house will prob collapase with a slight breeze!

ReputationRep:
    I would have to say neither.

Goths have a strange dress sense. But they aren't usually mean people.

Chavs think they are tough but not all of them are mean.

ReputationRep:
    (merely typing this stuff means I'm supporting labelling people.. while I don't, I seem to do it anyway.. so meh)

A decent charv is an oxymoron. If they are decent, they are not a chav. It's as simple as that...

They are just so damn thick.. they hold no intelligence of any kind (not just the traditional, 'I got an A', sort but the emotional sort too -- pregnant, smoking, drug-abusing.. sure, this happens to normal people.. but in moderation! not to mention no sense of style of individuality..). The way they act... the common consensus in my school is they should all be shot.

As you can probably gather, a lot of people have been ill treated by the hands of 'chavs' in my school...

ReputationRep:
    Chavs are Destructive
    Goths are just simply Awkward

Thats why i do not like Chavs

ReputationRep:
    i seem to get on with more chavs than goths, but this is simply because i got to know many a chav whilst playing football from the age of 8-15. however, i take preference to neither. i do not like goths because i see them as...well....strange. nobody has ever explained to me the meaning of the black clothing and vampirical appearences (so would be happy to hear them). also, alot of goths have silly views and beliefs (many of which they make up by themselves), and another disturbing fact is that 75% of people classed as goths hav attempted self harm. Right now i will get started on chavs. Firstly, they r the most unintelligent human lifeforms on the planet. secondly, they r probably the most violent human life forms on the planet, many of whom follow the 'hit dont talk' principle throughout and in every aspect of their lives. i hate chav culture, i hate chav clothing and i hate chav lifestyle (apart from football). At the end of the day, i am not fond of either of the extremes of british culture present in todays society, and they will never be fond of eachother. it is a certainty that the ritual beating up of goths by chavs, and the ritual voodoo doll and magic used against chavs by goths will continue for many a year to come. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There are more pointless congregations of goths in Sutton than there are of the old charvas.

It's the other way round in croydon, but I find the chavs, as a rule, just let you get on with it. If your line of vision accidentaly meets one of Sutton's gothtypes hanging round Wilkinsons they jump to all kinds of conclusions. "OMG you're STARING at me! Just because I'm DIFFERENT! I'm an INDIVIDUAL, honest!"

I think they're so desperate for members of the public to think that they're different/freaks/individuals that these ones project what they're thinking onto you...

I know that I'm generalising there. Please let it be known that the above is my own experience of a small group of idiots.

I put 'neither'. I do find, however, that chavs are just that. A lot of the wee 'goths' around are just tryhards, and that's what's annoying about them. Bless.

Why is this in ents anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and a small point.

Just as the annoying smelly goth stereotype is true only in a minority of cases, the pregnant loudmouth chav one is equally amongst a relatively small minority.

If you walk down the high street and pass a group of teens who start hurling abuse at you, you'll certainly remember it. What you won't remember is the 50 other groups of somewhat chavvy teens who walked past you, got on with their shopping, and let you get on with it. But you'll still tar others with the same brush.

I do it too, we all do. It's just that people say 'oh, not all goths are like that' but forget the same is true of chavs...

Oh, all this labelling...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, stereotyping is a bit of shame.

In terms of taste I would much rather look at a goth girl (I'd be a full goth if I could stomach eyeliner, but I'm really not a make-up person), black things/lace/swishy long skirts/that kind of thing (so pretty!!!) than look at a chav clad in burburry and sports clothing and not enough clothing in general.

Just a personal preference.

I don't like chav fashion or music, I love goth fashion and music. Simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    I don't like chav fashion or music, I love goth fashion and music. Simple as that.

hip hop/ rnb is so much better than goth music like marilyn manson and him. i cant stand goth music and most of the artists are weird/ self harming/ freaks.

ReputationRep:
    isnt it more based on appearance then what music you listen to....i don't know im neither

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    hip hop/ rnb is so much better than goth music like marilyn manson and him. i cant stand goth music and most of the artists are weird/ self harming/ freaks.
    im not a goth or anything like that but i listen to MM and HIM.
    I used to think they we these weird freaks and wouldnt touch their music but actually they are quite 'radio friendly'...give them a shot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonno147)
    isnt it more based on appearance then what music you listen to....i don't know im neither

yeh. that would be the most defining aspect of the two groups that allow you to differentiate between them. they both dress *****y anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaccerZD)
    Which is preferable...

a GOTH... or a CHAV?

I think I'm going to have to go for...

GOTHS

if only because I can have intelligent conversations with the goths at my school.
    neither. They're both at the two extremes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    hip hop/ rnb is so much better than goth music like marilyn manson and him.
    Marilyn Manson and HIM are not ****ing goth. Lacuna Coil and Nightwish are better examples for a start. Or I suppose Metallica are grunge are they? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Marilyn Manson and HIM are not ****ing goth. Lacuna Coil and Nightwish are better examples for a start. Or I suppose Metallica are grunge are they? :rolleyes:
    of course they r goth. u only hav to look at there appearance and the people that go to their concerts to see they r goth.

ReputationRep:
    My choice was rather easy: Goth.

A) I have that side of me too and B) I bloody hate Chavs!

I'm not a full on wear black and chains; talk about death blood and vampires etc, but they are generally not harmful people like townies/chavs are. I have to agree with comments made about Vauxhall Nova's though, I totally despise the usual 'white with tasteless aftermarket crap screwed onto it' appearance that they all to often go for. :driver:

I don't go for the screaming heavy rock type music, i.e. Maralyn Manson (sp?) but I do like My Chemical Romance, The Rasmus etc... Oh and I hate this c/rap & rnb stuff that chavs' musical tastes are limited to.

Also I'm not sure if the two relate, but I do seem to like girls with long black hair...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F170)
    My choice was rather easy: Goth.

Also I'm not sure if the two relate, but I do seem to like girls with long black hair...

Ohhhh yesssh

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.