Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Try looking at this... http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Chavs2.htm. Don't know if it's been posted already though.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    Damn. I agree that a lot of chavs do tend to reek a little, but so do a lot of goths that I've met. The difference is that the goths seem to be proud of it, whereas the chavs would like to be clean but aren't. think I prefer chavs; although they are clearly lower on the pecking order, they are far less supercilious than the majority of goths, who think that you must be some sort of cretinous majority-following sheep because you don't wear panda make-up and tatty clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Class.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to metal, stuff like old metallica, slayer, morbid angel, carcass, emperor etc but I would never consider myself a goth just for liking metal also though i did used to hang around with people who refered to themselvs as goths/grebs. Personally I didnt get on with most of them cus they seemed to image consious for me, then again I got on gr8 with a few of them but I held great annoyance when they repeatedly rejected my megadeth cd's :mad: in favour of slipknot or korn etc. The point has already been made about proper goths etc here I am refering to people hanging around in large groups with hoodies generally with slipknot and nirvana on them. I remember that when I did hang around with them they were subject to terrible treatment by chavs, my idea of a chav/scally/trendy etc is someone who diliberatly provokes other people and often batters the living s**t out of them with 20 of their "lads" who generally wear brands such as rockport and burberry and seem to have no regard for other people not just someone who generally wears sports wear as most WC people are stereotypically seen to wear. In these terms i would say chavs but then again I have met a few people who I would consider chavs at face value and they are actually quite down to earth. One goth I used to know was a ****** who ended up in prison for beating up a homeless guy. If I had to choose I would say chavs but ultimately we are all different and you cannot generalise like that, this thread seems a bit pointless but what the hell we need disscusion on the forum .

ReputationRep:
    Goth is often associated with "underworld", saturnists and so on but i doubt teenagers take it to that degree. Chav's have influenced some sort of fascet of culture, namley fashion primarily, and i dont believe that they are the sole perpatraitors of "happy slapping" and reeking havoc/anti social anticts. They do lack intellect and very rarely can properly articulate themselves but they are benifical in some form, redifining trends or boosting the profile of brands like reebok, nike, on Dutch and etc. Goths are in a temporary state of confusion and immaturity, still "finding themselves" and making a lame attempt to be seen as "original" or different from the crowd. Generally i would think a 35-year old man with eyeliner and long black hair has mental instabilities or self imagery issues to resolve. I dont mind seeing a 25-year old girl in a Von Dutch tracksuit with gold hoop earrings saying "yeah but no but" or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    the funny thing is that goths and chavs are sooooo similar but they hate each other. they are both on extremes ends of the spectrums, they both dress to *define* who they are, they both hate each other, they both only listen to *their* sort of music, etc. But in a way they ae both as bad as each other in the way that they think they are better than you just because you don't dress like them, which is pretty pathetic.

Q: What do you call a chav in a box with a lock?

A: Safe

ReputationRep:
    Not that i am one but whats the probs with goths?

ReputationRep:
    I love goths, hate chavs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    Around where I live a lot of "goths" seem to hang about on the streets at night for no apparent reason and I get just as nervous walking near the "goth gangs" as the "chav gangs".

Its "goths" not "chavs" that are constantly hanging around the front of my school doing drugs and causing trouble.

I know this isn't a fair representation of "goths" as a lot of my friends could have this label applied to them..However at the same time I have friends who are so called "chavs" yet they are lovely people. They may drive their cars around the streets at 2 in the morning with loud music but they are the boyfriends of my best friends and I think they are good people..

So neither. Both can be as bad as each other (Chavs of death..hehe). Both can be as lovely as each other. It all depends on the person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I didn't offend anyone with all that!! Sorry if I did. I have nothing against Goths or Chavs as a whole..its just the extremes that annoy me!!

Goths gangs??!!# :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    ... and the ritual voodoo doll and magic used against chavs by goths will continue for many a year to come. :rolleyes:
    Real Goths are just likely to practice vodoo doll magic as 'normal' people. Goth is a subculture and not a religion. Poser teenagers who wear extreme black clothing, just so that they can grab attention and have an excuse to do drugs/ practice magic or whatever else they do, which is also to get some attention or to intimidate the rest of the population, are giving real 'goths' a bad name.
    i wear mainstream clothing, and i would conisder myself more of a goth than most of the 'goths' out there with the think white make- up, and extreme clothing, and i can put on a chav gear and convince a person completly than i'm not a chav my saying a few words...
    My point is, you don't really know who are a real goth or a real chav. So it's hard to say what they're like. But that's just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaccerZD)
    Which is preferable...

a GOTH... or a CHAV?

I think I'm going to have to go for...

GOTHS

if only because I can have intelligent conversations with the goths at my school.
    rather speak to a goth then a chav anyday. (plus they are much smarter, and can usually hold a conversation, and im ususally more likely to have somthing incommen with them even if tis just music.

chav hunting(with metal polls and bats should be allowed as a sport.. (keeps the nuumbers down)

ReputationRep:
    Goths

ReputationRep:
    individuals. i hate the way everyone has to be labelled. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Goths are conformists.
    Chavs are conformists.
    Neither of them see how stupid they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucidExtra)
    Generally i would think a 35-year old man with eyeliner and long black hair has mental instabilities or self imagery issues to resolve. I dont mind seeing a 25-year old girl in a Von Dutch tracksuit with gold hoop earrings saying "yeah but no but" or whatever.
    You have something against men having long hair or something? We could easily say that this 35 year old man is preferble to a 14 year old chav bird up the duff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
    Damn. I agree that a lot of chavs do tend to reek a little, but so do a lot of goths that I've met. The difference is that the goths seem to be proud of it, whereas the chavs would like to be clean but aren't.
    ''Reek?'' It isnt because they are a chav that they smell, it is because they have no sense of personal hygeine. Most of my mates are chavs and they dont smell, and a lot of goths in my school dont wear deodrant, or brush their teeth and only wash once a week, I havent dared ask why. But when it comes down to it, goths can be just as bad as chavs IMO. Take this for example, in my town centre therse is a statue which must be ooohhh.. well over 100 years old. Over the last few months it has been drew all over, smashed bottles threw there, rubbish thrown there, but I dont think drug needled have been thrown there, which is good. And I know for a fact this was done by goths because I witnessed it for myself, I walked past them and stared at what they were doing, and one of them said ''you got a problem there mate, you think your something big with ya Lacoste trackie'' and I was like ''WTF?'' I am walking past and he says this to me, and then he turns round and begins drawing on the statue, another incident when I was in town was I seen a gang of chavs just go over to a lad on his own and just smack him to the ground and kick him, nothing much was done about it, the police came, broke it up and drove away. There are good chavs, good goths but there are bad goths and bad chavs, you dont know every single goth/chav in this world, so by saying goths are better than chavs, these are opinions which you have made either by past experience, or by second guessing from what you do or dont know, think of it like this.. I am a chav and I have just been told I am going to get straight A's on my exams, just because I wear trackies doesnt mean I am a ****** or anything like that. Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Sweetness*~)
    Goths
    well said with the pink there... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No reply from LucidExtra so far.

ReputationRep:
    GOTHS RULE!!!!!!!
    then again i am mostly punk goth but im getting ther!
    GO GOTHS GO GOTHS!!

ReputationRep:
    There is a girl from my school, and she is pregnant. She is a goth, and now everyone is calling her a ''****'' and a ''slut'' and saying that because she is a goth, she deserves to be pregnant, I think this is wrong because it isnt just goths who get pregnant, it is girls who dress like slappers, and go out and pick the nearest breathing male, this girl will now face all kinds of comments when she comes back to school, but I think that anyone who gives her grief is wrong, I am not a goth, but I have been this girls mate for a few years, and I just hope she can get through this whole thing without too much trouble.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.