Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_natsy_2005)
    the funny thing is that goths and chavs are sooooo similar but they hate each other. they are both on extremes ends of the spectrums, they both dress to *define* who they are, they both hate each other, they both only listen to *their* sort of music, etc. But in a way they ae both as bad as each other in the way that they think they are better than you just because you don't dress like them, which is pretty pathetic.

Q: What do you call a chav in a box with a lock?

A: Safe
    slightly alter this

Q: what do you call a chav in a box?

A: Innit!

ReputationRep:
    Having difficulties deciding on the lesser of two evils. I think some of the distinctive features of the two are somewhat farfetched, though.
    I don't see Wayne Rooney's girlfriend standing on darkened street corners waiting to mug people.
    And I don't see every person who wears scary black clothes and listens to death metal blackmailing people to join a death cult.

ReputationRep:
    *eyeroll* they're both pond scum. Where's the nerd option?

ReputationRep:
    The diplomatic answer would be:

We're all over generalising people according to their lifestyles, how childish of us! There are bad goths, bad chavs just like there are bad cops, and bad presidents. Extremes of behaviour from each sub-cultue have clouded our vision. Neither is "better" or "worse", there is no such thing as a human hierarchy.

But my real answer is:

I've been attacked and accosted by too many chav girls and boys to care about how much I generalise. I AM generalising for my own personal safety.

Chavs deserve to be shot.

ReputationRep:
    We actually had a Goth v Chav war in year 11 at my secondary school. It mainly consisted off the chavs getting together in a big group, wondering around shouting and trying to gang up on everyone that wasnt a chav. I think they also made a sign of "Goths will be sacrificed". Then a goth got her mum involved and she brought a cattle prod thingy with her and started going after the chavs.
    Its a shame i didnt get to see that

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I was shocked to come across a forum full of both goths and chavs, just hurling abuse at each other. http://www.chavscum.co.uk/forum Take a look at the forum, and also the site and you will be shocked if you havent come across it before. Not only that but the person who set it up must really hate chavs to have made a whole site and forum just about it.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Chavs are marginally better than Goths for the simple reason that Chavs have some inkling that they are following a set code of behaviour and dress (how dubious it is), whereas most goths in my experience truly believe they are part of some counter-culture, underground movement thats rebelling against social norms!

wow,335 people have voted:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    goths

ReputationRep:
    goths over chavs any day!

ReputationRep:
    Goths are people that think they are being individuals, and also have very poor taste in music (most of the time). Individuals following individuals, isn't that a herd?

Chavs have poor grammar and always wear white with their socks covering their trousers.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs are failing their exams to be "cool" :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3663916.stm

The future of this country's workforce looks good!

ReputationRep:
    What's a 'charver'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    What's a 'charver'?
    Another word for a 'chav'

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for chavs to be different

Obviously there are bad elements of both groups, but IMO chavs are more fun to have nights out with.

Id rather be drunk and dancing around singing to cheesy music with chavs, than I would looking depressed and being self-obsessed like many Goths seem to be.

ReputationRep:
    They are both really annoying, but I'd rather hang around with a chav with a brain, then a self-obsessed goth, but most chavs don't have brains

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to call a chav on this. If you actually know them, then they are fine to be with. Same for a goth, but i'm a more positive person and wouldn't appreciate their company.

Not saying I am a goth, but I do prefer them, they don't mug you.

ReputationRep:
    They both annoy me.

Still, I voted goth, because they're less likely to beat me up.

ReputationRep:
    Chav. Unexplainable...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.