Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not all chavs mug people you know, thats just because most muggings are done by chavs, but that doesnt mean that they are all like that. I wear trackies all the time, and walk around with my mates, sometimes a gang of us walk home from school. That doesnt mean were going to mug someone. People think that because one chav is thick, and mugs people then all of them must be the same, well they're not.

(Original post by Kontroversial)
    Not all chavs mug people you know, thats just because most muggings are done by chavs, but that doesnt mean that they are all like that. I wear trackies all the time, and walk around with my mates, sometimes a gang of us walk home from school. That doesnt mean were going to mug someone. People think that because one chav is thick, and mugs people then all of them must be the same, well they're not.
    I was 5% joking. :eek:

They are both as bad as each other, but perhaps goths are slightly better than Chavs

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that this thread I started is still going!

ReputationRep:
    So... all chavs mug people, smash things and beat up old ladies.

and all goths wear black, and are depressed and want to kill themselves.

and i suppose only black people commit crimes and all white people have butlers and all irish people are gypsies.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    have to say goths.... cannot stand chavs!

ReputationRep:
    For me, the Chav is the symbol of our degrading society. We should deport anyone who dons a Burberry cap and England football shirt to an island in the middle of the ocean, and then observe their behaviour. Very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che_guevara)
    For me, the Chav is the symbol of our degrading society. We should deport anyone who dons a Burberry cap and England football shirt to an island in the middle of the ocean, and then observe their behaviour. Very interesting.
    :rofl:

and video it for the media...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    :rofl:

and video it for the media...

"I'm a Chav, Get Me Out Of Here!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che_guevara)
    And in a few hundred years they'll start beating us in all sorts of new sports.

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine was telling me last night that two of her good mates were arguing, and then they started slapping each other, instead of breaking it up, she videod it on her phone - lol. She could be branded as a ''chav'' because of how she dresses, and sometimes acts.

ReputationRep:
    To the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody

I see a little silhouettho of a goth!
    (kick him in! kick him in! let us rob all of his money!)
    All his f*****' make up, very very frightening me!

Marilyn Manson!
    Marilyn Manson!
    Marilyn Manson!
    Marilyn Manson lovin' freak!
    We hate them all!

I'm just a poor chav, give us yer money!
    You're not a poor chav you're just a doley!
    Spare me your strife and do not bother me!

Want to spend it on some blow, will you lend me dough?
    I think not no! I will not lend you dough!
    Lend me dough!
    I think not! I will not lend you dough!
    Lend me dough!
    I think not! I will not lend you dough!
    Lend me dough!
    No I will not lend you dough!
    Lend me dough!
    Lend me dough!

Goth Goth Goth Goth Goth Goth Goth!

Now I'm bleeding! Now I'm bleeding!
    Now yer bleeding out yer nose!

JJB has a trackie put aside for me!
    For me!
    For me!

So d'yer think I look cool with me hands down me strides?
    That **** music comin' from my GTi!
    Oh baby!
    Dig your clown pendant baby!
    Elizabeth Duke! Elizabeth Duke does boss gear!

(instrumental)

Jewellery from Argos.
    Gear from Burberry.
    Trackies tucked in my socks.
    Trackies tucked in my socks, for me.

Dirty Robbing B*******!

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    I voted for neither.

One thing which puzzles me is how a large majority of people become 'goth' just because they more often than not listen to Metal. Sure I listen to metal, but not once have become 'goth'. I'm just any normal guy.

ReputationRep:
    i went for goths.....not entirely sure y..like i can't give a reason..cause im not sure..

ReputationRep:
    Im the editor of the school mag and each month there's an column for stereotypes...this month the chav came up and it was agreed with unanimously! People generally hate them!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm,

Chavs: Annoying, rude, aggressive.

Goths: Disturbing, arrogant, attention seeking.

I don't mind Goths as people (I mean I have friends who are goths) but I don't understand what they're thinking. Goths tell me they dress like they do because they want to be different and not follow fashion but doing this is following fashion itself.

Also, Goths think they're smarter than anybody else probably because they're interested in things which they make them superior... programming... anime (this is a biggy, anime watchers look down on non-anime watchers, well the hardcore anime fans do).

Chavs hmm, aren't many chavs in my college, of them that exist I know a few, they aren't that bad but that's probably because they respect me a little. A random chav would probably be very irratating.

All in all, I'd probably prefer talking to a goth.

The average goth is smarter than the average chav, though smart chavs exist.

ReputationRep:
    Neither.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Goth's because of their extravogant beliefs and the way they act, behave, dress, music etc and that they look very evil, overloading with black and red, pointless chains, collars, sweaty leather, anyone would think it was a bondage cover up!
    I know alot of Chavs, some are a good laugh and act grown up, whereas others just like to go around robbing helpless people, doing drugs, living off benefits and driving cars without a licence. But I like the fact they aren't afraid of the imposing image that goths like to portray. Like they are fixated on being sent from satan or something.
    The main similarity is both types enjoy being rebellious and like anarchy.

ReputationRep:
    Goths are really nice people, i dont quite get there whole reasoning behind things, they are goths because they think the will stand out more and be more individual etc. All that has happend is they are just like every other goth

ReputationRep:
    why do most people here think that to be goth is to wear black, with heavy make- up... etc?! to me i think goths and chavs are just personality types. though i don't believe that people should be unecessary labelled at all. But like i said if they were, then trust me, i know people who wear mainstream clothes and are a lot more of a 'goth' than some people who looks extreme, with the whole made- up image. most real 'goths' do not dress in extreme clothing... !!! AGAIN, goths are not people who dress in black, wears thick white make- up etc... the term 'goth' technically apply to a historical community which no longer exist. There are such a thing as 'gothic' music and most followers do call themselves goths sometimes, but the term can also be applied to people who are interested in gothic literature, agriculture, art... not just the music... 'marilyn manson' is not goth (and never will be).
    and gothic music are not all satanic.. actually there are almost just as many christian goth bands as satanic ones... so pls stop mentioning the media stereotype that goth is associated with evil.
    and some people who do not dress in stereo- typical chavgear (*shivers*) can act like the typical chav as well for the matter.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.