Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grave_dreams)
    why do most people here think that to be goth is to wear black, with heavy make- up... etc?! to me i think goths and chavs are just personality types. though i don't believe that people should be unecessary labelled at all. But like i said if they were, then trust me, i know people who wear mainstream clothes and are a lot more of a 'goth' than some people who looks extreme, with the whole made- up image. most real 'goths' do not dress in extreme clothing... !!! AGAIN, goths are not people who dress in black, wears thick white make- up etc... the term 'goth' technically apply to a historical community which no longer exist. There are such a thing as 'gothic' music and most followers do call themselves goths sometimes, but the term can also be applied to people who are interested in gothic literature, agriculture, art... not just the music... 'marilyn manson' is not goth (and never will be).
    and gothic music are not all satanic.. actually there are almost just as many christian goth bands as satanic ones... so pls stop mentioning the media stereotype that goth is associated with evil.
    and some people who do not dress in stereo- typical chavgear (*shivers*) can act like the typical chav as well for the matter.
    well said...

ReputationRep:
    What is a Chav?
    EDIT: nevermind, I found it

ReputationRep:
    Goths for me. Avoided both like the plague until recently, but when I started college and my new job there is a lot of social groups there (maybe just because you can show it easier without a uniform on) and I've started speaking with a few goths. I find them much much more accepting that chavs, and less ready to judge you.
    Never had an unpleasant confrontation with a goth or felt intimidated having to walk by them, but chavs manage to successfully do that every time I see them.

Ok, I'm not big on labels either, but I can draw a definite line that every person I've ever been punched by, hurled abuse at by or hassled for money by have been wearing baseball caps and gravity defying angles, jogging bottoms and thought they were way too cool for school.
    Look in your local paper for the list of people that have been given ASBOs this week (just my town that has that?!) very few will be wearing black make up.

ReputationRep:
    This is what i purpose;

A breeding of these 2 species with the help of mutagens in a genetic experiment to produce a "Supersoldat" thus able to infiltrate both sects and annihilate all members!

ReputationRep:
    There's no way to win really.

ReputationRep:
    To further add, all these chavs think they are so hard, even gangster listening to the money pinching 50 cent who makes millions of dollars out of these fools listening to his music and believing in that big gangster in the sky. My cousin lives in Los Angles, he used to live in a pretty rough area with Hispanic and Black gangs. When i went there on holiday with my mum and brother to visit him, i remember going to his friends house, we were all little at the time, playing sega genesis 2 etc. Now, my cousin tells me all these guys are real gang bangers, not these half soaked, middle class wimps here who ask there mummies to buy them Burbery!

[edit]: neither.

Some gothic people seem to bring some of it on themselves, i mean those who are in the excess i.e. the other day on the train back from Birmingham, soem goths were lounging about on the busy train drinking cans of Carling, i though only chavs did this but with a can of "wife-beater" a.k.a. stella!

ReputationRep:
    id say that goths are better than chavs. goths can be a bit scary at times but you dont get the feeling that they're gonna rob you blind whenever ur near any.

ReputationRep:
    I hate chavs. If there was some virus i could release to wipe them out i would!

ReputationRep:
    goths any day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ninja)
    Agreed...*prays to god*

(Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    goths any day!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    i find chavs really intimidating, whereas goth's don't bother me what so ever.

apparently to distance themselves from chavvy connotations, burberry are taking on sienna miller. interesting!

www.chavscum.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    i have a lot of friends who would be labelled as 'chavs' as well as one or two in the family im well in with that set of ppl as ive grown up wi them and to be fair, most of the ones i know are actually really nice ppl ive never had a problem wi them and the ones that all hang aroung outside the chippy wi bottles of white lightning usually give me a polite hello as well as asking when my brothers guna join them.

that said ive never had a problem wi goths and have had quite a few intellegent debates wi one or two when i was still at school

the only ppl i really despise are those that are judgemental of others just because of the way they dress, the way they act, and where they hang around, what slang they use and make judgements on their intellegence bacause of that

get over it ffs, no one is any better than anyone else despite what stupid polls like this one may indicate

ReputationRep:
    i have mates who are grunge and townies or whateva they are called i duntlike the idea of putting everyone into catergories and classes

its a matter of indiviudalty i wouldn't say i was a chav or a goth i am just a Laura (me) and u only get one of those some people are very annoying and do look fake and totally chaved up and they are just not repectable to anyone walking this earth and some people are strange but its their choices i suppose

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way about 'Ninjas'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    I feel the same way about 'Ninjas'!
    Why? Everyone knows Ninja's are cool!

ReputationRep:
    Goths anytime! Some are beautiful some are sexy some are not...

ReputationRep:
    omw... same avatar... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    perhaps the new avian flu might affect chavs only...
    that'll be an interesting find...
    would like to see that in the headlines... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    perhaps the new avian flu might affect chavs only...
    that'll be an interesting find...
    would like to see that in the headlines... :rolleyes:
    So mcdonalds would be an ideal place to test the virus then?

ReputationRep:
    So mcdonalds would be an ideal place to test the virus then?
    aye...
    that should be advice for people and the government...
    place all McDonalds under quarantine and advise the general public to keep out...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.