Turn on thread page Beta

I NEED A JOB!!! anything........ watch

Announcements

I NEED A JOB!!! anything........im about to get my liciens and i need money to get a car so my parnets dont have to pay and percrtinate on getting one for me......HELP!!!

ReputationRep:
    Go to your local town and ask around maybe. Try supermarkets, restaurants and shops -or any establishments you think would be willing to take on some unskilled part-time workers.

Failing that there's always a paper round. Some of my friends earn around £80 a month which isn't bad. -I don't think there's an age limit on workers (?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Go to your local town and ask around maybe. Try supermarkets, restaurants and shops -or any establishments you think would be willing to take on some unskilled part-time workers.

Failing that there's always a paper round. Some of my friends earn around £80 a month which isn't bad. -I don't think there's an age limit on workers (?).
    or you can clean cars then rob them then sell them Loads of money involved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    believe me. you don't want a paper round. it's too much work for to little money.

ReputationRep:
    paper rounds r hard work!
    i used to deliver 400 a week
    ur better off workin in a local shop or somethin!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just try the local McDonald's? I know a few people who got jobs there simply to pay off first cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    believe me. you don't want a paper round. it's too much work for to little money.
    He sounded desperate- was a just a suggestion if he should fail to get a job through other means.

I couldn't do it- too early.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you try babysitting, for neighbours or relatives?

I know it may sound boring, but its actually a lot of fun.

I used to babysit for my next door neighbour and got 10 for a few hours, which was good considering all i had to do was cook them tea and watch videos with them!

x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    why dont you try babysitting, for neighbours or relatives?

I know it may sound boring, but its actually a lot of fun.

I used to babysit for my next door neighbour and got 10 for a few hours, which was good considering all i had to do was cook them tea and watch videos with them!

x x x
    Daycare is a bit of a step from that, but you can do it on weekends rather well, and should be able to get insurance just to be safe too. If you register that is.

ReputationRep:
    do u need to have insurance to babysit kids?

I never knew that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    so's iceland...
    YOU'VE GOT TO PROMISE ME, PLEASE, PROMISE ME THAT YOU'LL NEVER GET A JOB AT ICELAND (SUPERMARKET), PLEASE, JUST SAY IT...
    Lyd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Why don't you just try the local McDonald's? I know a few people who got jobs there simply to pay off first cars.
    yip maccy's is easy money!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feebs)
    yip maccy's is easy money!!
    U get free food as well dont u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    yeh...IF YOUR BRAVE ENOUGH TO EAT IT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's better than no money at all tho'.

ReputationRep:
    don't work at subway either! They made me do a 8pm till 4am shift on friday nights. So many drunks, so many fights

ReputationRep:
    Get a saturday job at a local cafe. I used to work 8-6 on sat and sundays when I was in sixth form and this was pre minimum wage. This used to get me £60 a week which is great pocket money. I used to work there holidays too, if you work somewhere out of the way so that it is quiet you can bring in your revision.
    I worked during all of my study leaves. Getting paid to do revision is fab!!

Working during the day on a weekend also means that you can go out in the evenings and I used to do all my school work during the week. oh and I used to get free meals which was pretty darned good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    nice sig lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feebs)
    yeh...IF YOUR BRAVE ENOUGH TO EAT IT!
    Seriously though, that could help you on your food budget. did you eat there? Got any Maccy D secrets you want to tell us? Like do tehy really spit in peoples burger they dont like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    actually i was told they take it out of ur salary

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2003
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.