Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the radiation from them i mean? Its just i have my PC on for at least 7 hours every night in my bedroom which is only very small. what do ya think?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well if they can most of the people on here are ****ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    do you have a website to the killers? I spoke to a guy on webcam once he said his name was Alex i think from Italy and he claimed he had a famous band called The Killers. Couldnt find any pics on the net though so i'l never find out if he was lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    If you mean from a CRT monitor, they only give out a tiny amount of radiation.
    I have a flat moniter i was thinking more the processor if you feel at the back theres loads of air and stuff comes out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    Yeah, air for cooling stuff. What's harmful about that?
    There must be radiation among it i dunno though im asking you lot

ReputationRep:
    it's a fan, blowing air over the components to cool them down. The worst that can happen is that you get an allergy or something from all the dust inside.

ReputationRep:
    flatscreens are fine.
    I doubt computers give out enough radiation to cause cancer. I'd be more worried about mobile phones.

(Original post by saturn)
    the radiation from them i mean? Its just i have my PC on for at least 7 hours every night in my bedroom which is only very small. what do ya think?

if they are... then ill die soon. after months of having 2 monitors. altho i have TFT now...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, quiet. I love my CRT.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt that they can tbh. i mean wed all be keeling over already and growing extra heads/arms/breasts w/e.

ReputationRep:
    no there is no radiation at all which is damaging to human health.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I hear misuse of apostrophes can. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    lol to put it as simply as possible yeah.

ReputationRep:
    then most of the people in developed countries are ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    all electronics are tested to see the effect on humans, eg. cd players class 1 laser warning. if it is not safe then it wont end up in your hands.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there is radiation from PCs in the form of Infra-Red Electomagnetic (EM) Radiation and other EM waves of different frequencies (e.g. radio) due to the inductive effects of current in various wires and circuits etc. However, in answer to your question, no, the use of a PC will not cause any increased risk of cancer. Whilst it does produce various forms of radiation, these are essentially harmless. Just because something produces radiation does not mean it will kill you!! If you want to get away from Infra Red radiation, switch off the heating, go and live in a freezer or underground cave complex. If you want to avoid radio waves, go and live in a lead - lined box covered with several metres of concrete in the base of a large mountain - cancer (probably) won't get you, but the lead poisoning will . So just relax - there's so much stuff that is potentially harmless but if you spend time worrying about everything that can possibly kill you, you''ll never LIVE!! As long as you don't do too much of the really harmful stuff such as smoking/excessive tanning etc. the risks are so small to be insignificant.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.