Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I;m trying not to think about this at the moment, particularly because I still have three exams outstanding, but does anyone know the procedure for Results Day? For example, do you go in to your school and collect your resutls are are they posted to you? In addition to this, I assume that the results are in individual envelopes for each candidate - is this correct? On your results slip, does it tell you the actual mark you achieved for each componant of the exam (e.g. coursework, paper 1, paper 2 etc) or just give you an overall grade?
    I would be very grateful if anyone who has collected results in previous years could reply to this thread - as yet I've receieved no information from my school with regard to tbe standard procedures.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Most people go in to school to collect their results, but if you don't want to or you're on holiday or something, they'll be posted to you. Mine were in an unsealed envelope, and I had a sheet of paper from each exam board plus one my school did with all my subjects and grades on it. What you're actually told depends on subject and exam board- mine were just overall grades except English and English lit, which were UMS marks for each exam and coursework, and maths, which was a combined UMS mark for exams and one for coursework.

ReputationRep:
    [sorry ignore this I double posted by accident]

see below for intended post.

ReputationRep:
    Right well, I know that exams come in an envelope, and you pick them up from your school. (At least this was the procedure when I got my 2 early GCSE results). It's probable that u can get them posted, however it's better to pick them up as it could take a while to deliver, and if they got lost in the post you'd be a bit stuck.

Now, I believe for GCSEs it only gives you your single grade in the format (B) (b) (that is what is displayed on the page). When I received my slips of paper for french and tech, they were a different print due to one of them being AQA and the other being Edexcel. The one thing I am unsure about is whether we get results specific to a certain exam board on one sheet for that board, or whether we get separate certificates for each individual examination results. As both of my exams were with different boards, it was impossible to know.

I'll post on thw AS level board in order to find out for you, hope I was some help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theabominable)
    The one thing I am unsure about is whether we get results specific to a certain exam board on one sheet for that board, or whether we get separate certificates for each individual examination results.
    You get a seperate sheet (and later certificate) for each exam board.

ReputationRep:
    yes but does this sheet have all board-specific examinations.For example I'm doing edexcel geography and edexcel maths. Will I get this on the same sheet (not certificate) or will I get a separate sheet for each?

ReputationRep:
    I would image u get a separate sheet from every exam board with your results on it. Not sure, though.

ReputationRep:
    yea kellywood said in the other topic for confirmation people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickC)
    I would image u get a separate sheet from every exam board with your results on it. Not sure, though.
    Yeah, that's right, so all your Edexcel results will be together and so on.

ReputationRep:
    "so all your Edexcel results will be together and so on"

On ONE piece of paper?

ReputationRep:
    So if the envelopes arrive at the school on the 25th and the teachers can produce an extra sheet with your combined results, when do *they* first see the results?

ReputationRep:
    the 24th i assume, we should get them that day!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, we should. Hmm... not fair - its our work, and they are our results, I think we should get to see them first - and then they'll do the "So what did you get?" When they'll obviously already know!

ReputationRep:
    You get all the certificates etc then on top you get a list of the subjects you took and its overall grade.

ReputationRep:
    Lolara--what is critical thinking? I've always been curious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine89)
    Lolara--what is critical thinking? I've always been curious!
    it is something which is vital for studying Med at Oxbridge. So urgently go and learn it.lol.

ReputationRep:
    But be warned - the paper looked incredibly dull to me, and I find physics exciting (yes - I am just slightly wierd:p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    it is something which is vital for studying Med at Oxbridge. So urgently go and learn it.lol.
    LOL-you are extremley sad-grow up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry - I was a bit slow on picking up the "tension" between you two (created by the "Medicine at Oxbridge" post?).

I'm so stupid! I always take everything literally! :p:

ReputationRep:
    results day sounds well scary lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.