Turn on thread page Beta

Long term relationship or little snogs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I'd say... have your first kiss with someone you really like (in a teenage crush kind of way)
    Then play the field a little bit and kiss a few people so you get some practice
    And then when you're a bit older and find someone you actually click with then start doing more than kiss

I see nothing wrong with kissing a few people
    Besides... you can tell a lot about a guy from the way he kisses
    That said i'm not sure i would have been confident enough to kiss a lot of guys before i;d been in a couple of long term things... hehe i may never know... i just seem to attract long term guys :confused:
    I see a lot wrong with sleeping around
    What can you tell? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Yay I'm not alone! By the look of this thread it sounds like we're the minority really.

And yeh it means a lot more when you kiss the one you're serious about The thought of some random guy I'm not with having his tongue in my mouth - I don't like the idea :puke:

If I end up snogging a guy before being in a relationship with him, I've gotta be crazy about the guy - but that would mean I was serious about that person beforehand... so random doesn't apply still.

How do you get into a relationship with someone you haven't kissed? :confused: Seems all wrong to me.

ReputationRep:
    my shortest relationship was 6 weeks .......so I guess I could say i'm into long-term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    How do you get into a relationship with someone you haven't kissed? :confused: Seems all wrong to me.
    But how do you kiss someone you're not with...? :confused: If I end up kissing a guy I'm not with, I'm probably gonna go into a relationship with him like, straight after the kiss, which is really what happened with my ex :rolleyes:

My point was simply I don't kiss randomly lol! - if I kiss someone, I've gotta be serious about him even if I'm not in a relationship with him - and because of this factor it's likely I WILL be in an automatic relationship with the guy anyway if I DO kiss him.

ReputationRep:
    What can you tell?
    You can tell whether he likes to cuddle (which for me is pretty much the deciding factor) and you can tell whether he is passionate, and whether he is sweet... a lot of stuff. I wouldn't have thought that... until i got very drunk a few months after i gave up drinking and kissed... well 3 of my best mates. And i was like wow i can so tell the difference

How do you kiss someone you're not with? Easy... you hang out together after school every Tuesday and Friday and you tickle and you end up lying on the sofa watching crappy movies and somehow... you kiss
    Only ever happened the once... but that's all i needed

ReputationRep:
    Only ever kissed one bloke, and im still with him, i certainly wouldnt want some random guy's dna in my mouth for 5 days! YES 5 days people!

ReputationRep:
    how do people randomly kiss?
    They get drunk, my best mates latched onto this [really ugly] guy at the ball last month because he would buy them drinks, they were slightly tipsey when this started, lay down in a field for about an hour, dirty dancing, then one of them spent the next hour in the toilets and luckily didn't pull him. The other one was slow dancing with him for ages and pulling him. urgh. I screamed and collapsed first time i saw them! Then she spent the next few hours throwing up into a tissue on my bathroom floor.
    Luckily even when totally drunk i still keep some principles. I think I have to be for lots of random kisses, imagine if you were always waiting for 'the one' and he never came, then you'd never have kissed anyone! Though, I wouldn't kiss just anyone, i'd have to like them in some way.

ReputationRep:
    ooooh, i just snog random ppl hoping that it mite develop into luv and it neva does.....atleast you get to improve both yours and theirs techniques!

ReputationRep:
    Yay I'm not alone! By the look of this thread it sounds like we're the minority really.

And yeh it means a lot more when you kiss the one you're serious about The thought of some random guy I'm not with having his tongue in my mouth - I don't like the idea :puke:

If I end up snogging a guy before being in a relationship with him, I've gotta be crazy about the guy - but that would mean I was serious about that person beforehand... so random doesn't apply still.
    i'm with you too. can't see the attraction of pulling randoms. kissing someone you are in love with is much more fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i'm with you too. can't see the attraction of pulling randoms. kissing someone you are in love with is much more fun!
    I meant like kissing a friend

ReputationRep:
    I look at my romantic past and I feel sure I've done the right thing for me. I've had a couple of serious relationships, a couple of less serious ones, a fling or two, a bit of playing the field.. some happy times, some disasters. I feel like I've sampled a lot of ways to do things when it comes to love and relationships, gone on a lot of test drives.. now I've bought a car, to keep the metaphor going I'm happier in a relationship now because my "little snogs", as you put it, have been fun and along the way I've learned about the kind of person I need to be with and the kind of person I don't need to be with!

ReputationRep:
    Depends really on how you'd define it - a little cheek peck for mates in politeness, hapiness etc I think is fine, but for a passionate, lips/love kiss then I feel it should be a in pretty solid relationship.

I made the mistake a while ago because the thought of kissing/hugging was so appealing that I almost forced it. However when I found the girl that I really wanted to share my first (who I'm still with now - yay!) over a year ago I felt it was right.

Though it's probably down to who you are as a person and your views on kissing, but for me a long term relationship feels lovely to kiss.

Woo! Tingly feeling!

ReputationRep:
    I have never been in any long term relationship. Just one night standts kind of thing. And I dont really think it was bad, but mayby its the right time to try something more meaningful hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I look at my romantic past and I feel sure I've done the right thing for me. I've had a couple of serious relationships, a couple of less serious ones, a fling or two, a bit of playing the field.. some happy times, some disasters. I feel like I've sampled a lot of ways to do things when it comes to love and relationships, gone on a lot of test drives.. now I've bought a car, to keep the metaphor going I'm happier in a relationship now because my "little snogs", as you put it, have been fun and along the way I've learned about the kind of person I need to be with and the kind of person I don't need to be with!
    yeh i'm the same... i'm in a very happy and serious relationship but i've had my fun of being single at times. i've not slept around, but yeh i've pulled random guys (several of them mingers) and it doesn't bother me at all. I think if i hadn't done all the stuff you do when you're a 17 year old single girl *panics that i was 17 last time i was single* i'd feel i'd missed out somewhere, but having done all that i know that what i have now is worth keeping.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    You got to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince!

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    They get drunk, my best mates latched onto this [really ugly] guy at the ball last month because he would buy them drinks.
    Funny how paying for sexual (well...) favours is okay when it is done in drinks form.

ReputationRep:
    Damn I hate the word "snog"... It's so ugly!

I don't see what's wrong with not having kissed someone when starting a relationship with them, so I'm with the others who'd prefer not to "sample" people.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear!

well when my bf left on his gap year, we unofficially broke up- we agreed what happened happened, and we'd start over when he comes back, next year.

so since he left, i had kissed a HOt guy who i wanted a relationship with, but he was only here in the uk for a week on holiday. i then kissed a guy who was my friend who fancied me, and basically i used him for kissing practise. i didnt cheat on him, but at the same time i wasnt interested in him apart from his personality.

i dont think its wrong to kiss people you are not attracted to, or in a long term relationship with. the guy i was with, i think its ok to use for kissing practice, as he gets to take out his crush, have a lovely evening, and kiss someone he likes. in return i get to kiss him. and to make it more fair, i alway paid for our dates, and if we break up, i ll stay friends with him.

in any case, all long term relationships start off as short ones anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    I see her point. I'm not into random.
    Yay I'm not alone! By the look of this thread it sounds like we're the minority really. And yeh it means a lot more when you kiss the one you're serious about
    (Original post by xBeLLax)
    my shortest relationship was 6 weeks .......so I guess I could say i'm into long-term
    (Original post by Lauren Hart)
    Only ever kissed one bloke, and im still with him, i certainly wouldnt want some random guy's dna in my mouth for 5 days! YES 5 days people!
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    (Original post by Fyska)
    Damn I hate the word "snog"... It's so ugly! I don't see what's wrong with not having kissed someone when starting a relationship with them, so I'm with the others who'd prefer not to "sample" people.
    Kiss-chase was cool at primary school. Quite funny too. Randomly kissing strangers and friends just sounds a little full-on/desperate to me... as it does to these cool people above ^

Let's deal with some of their points:

- There's never any pressure to frame a situation as going out... just don't do dinner... sitting at a table with no outside conversations cue with a person you hardly know is not fun.

- Wording/nomenclature: snog = playground word for a proper kiss. SO how about we call it kissing. Such a cool word.

- To tidy up on the timescale issue... when you've kissed someone full-on, traces of their DNA will remain in your buccal cavity (mouth) for 2 years. Yup.

- And physically, it's hard to passionately kiss someone you're not attracted to. Sure, you can do it if you must, but there's a strong emotional difference. It's mainly to do with cuddling/fondling & kisses around the ears/neck... you just don't do it if you don't dig the person.

Kissing's great, but the situation (person/environment) can make it so much more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    2 years? omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! please post a link to prove it!!!!!!!!!!
    thats so so gross!

anyway. i think its fine to kiss friends. how else can you go from jjust friends to something else without kissing??

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.