Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone gotten offers from St. Andrews? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is St. Andrews taking forever to reply?

ReputationRep:
    Any one gotten any offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Any one gotten any offers?
    I got an offer from them at the end of November, it's ABB for economics? What course have you applied for ?

ReputationRep:
    They are taking ages - I've got acknowledgements from all my other uni choices and a couple of offers but nothing at all yet from St Andrews - I reckon Scottish unis are notorious for delayed UCAS form processing or whatever though. Still at least not all unis are scarily silent *hugs beloved offer letters*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    They are taking ages - I've got acknowledgements from all my other uni choices and a couple of offers but nothing at all yet from St Andrews - I reckon Scottish unis are notorious for delayed UCAS form processing or whatever though. Still at least not all unis are scarily silent *hugs beloved offer letters*

i got an unconditional in november...depends on the faculty though perhaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliesophia)
    i got an unconditional in november...depends on the faculty though perhaps
    congrats! I suspect it's to do with the popularity of the uni as well - St Andrews is probably the most popular one I've applied to, and my offers came back really quickly from Kent and East London.

ReputationRep:
    congrats! I suspect it's to do with the popularity of the uni as well - St Andrews is probably the most popular one I've applied to, and my offers came back really quickly from Kent and East London.
    yeah, i guess it must get loads of apps. but when did u send urs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliesophia)
    yeah, i guess it must get loads of apps. but when did u send urs?
    My form was processed by UCAS on the 19th of November - feels like years ago now!

ReputationRep:
    My form was processed by UCAS on the 19th of November - feels like years ago now!
    well, mine went in mid october to meet the cambridge deadline so thats probably why i've had a response more quickly. so dont worry!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've had an e-mail saying they will be giving me a formal offer in the next couple of weeks + then it just gave me links so i can find out how amazing the place is blah blah... that was last week sometime, my form only got pocessed by UCAS the week before. the offer's not come through UCAS yet and i don't even know what the grades will be. it's for maths and psychology btw.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i sent my form on 3rd oct and no reply for psychology and philosophy. They r bloody slow and if I don't hear from them soon then i'll just reject them. got better offers already.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by ankur1986)
    i sent my form on 3rd oct and no reply for psychology and philosophy. They r bloody slow and if I don't hear from them soon then i'll just reject them. got better offers already.
    If you have better offers then take them. If you're pretending, then shut up.

ReputationRep:
    Where are your better offers???

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I sent my form in the end of September, was processed on 7th October....I've gotten replies from all unis except for St. Andrews!! HURRY UP!

ReputationRep:
    my better offers are durham and sheffield. Got an interview at ox on fri and am waiting replies from britsol and warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Is it just me or is St. Andrews taking forever to reply?
    I got an unconditionnel offer in december from the school of modern languages and from the history departments and my application was processed on the 18 of november.By the way if you had the choice between durham and st andrews where would you go?

ReputationRep:
    my better offers are durham and sheffield. Got an interview at ox on fri and am waiting replies from britsol and warwick.

I've got offers from durham and st andrews in geograhy and history do you think durham's better?

ReputationRep:
    mayb, mayb not. Depends where u'd wanna go. Go to both open days and see where u'd like 2 stay for the next three years. Durham and St Anderw's degree's are both very good but personally i found durham a lot more appealing than st andrew's, partly cos i live in Newcastle and I felt that St Andrew's couldn't offer me anything more that durham couldn't and it didn't merit me going halfway up to scotland when i cud stay nearer to home, but that's my opinion. Sum people can't stand durham but i probs cudn't stand being in st andrew's for the next three years, far too quiet and remote!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    I've got offers from durham and st andrews in geograhy and history do you think durham's better?
    well I´m waiting for both of them to answer... I´m going to the visiting day in st. andrews on the 25th - I´ll see myself, somehow appealing but too lonely I guess.

ReputationRep:
    My sister heard back from them quite a while ago I believe, but it all depends on the course. She hasn't yet had a reply from Durham.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.