Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes i'm afraid so. however i intend this to be rather short, with only one point needed to be addressed (for me at least).
    simply this:

why are people so freaked out about him sleeping in the same room as children????

sure its a little eccentric (well he is a genuis) but to me it seems completely logical. I read a biography on him and i was upset at how his father treated him. For example, at the age of 5 he was training singing and dancing. I remember reading how he was looking out the window watching the children on his street playing baseball, and then his dad shouted him over to start dancing practice.
    Point being that he never had a childhood - quite common of child stars. So now he has all the money in the world and global fame, and the "king of pop", he is simply trying to recreate part of his childhood he missed out on. Hence the funfair in his back garden, his entire estate, and wanted to spend time with children.
    Basically, without a childhood he missed up on growing up in a way, and hence he is still a child mentally. So really, it is just like a normal sleepover. I think anyone who knows anything about his life should know all this (i.e. the lack of a childhood).
    I would probably even go to the extreme of saying that i might very well do the same in MJ's situation. maybe not to the extent of him, but certainly try to have some of my childhood back.

So simply, i just cannot see why people are amazed at this. Okay, i can understand them not liking it, or even disagreeing, but i remember watching an interview with random people, many of which were just saying stuff like "it doesnt matter if he did or didnt do anything to the children, he slept with them and thats disgusting".

maybe someone can give me a different viewpoint?

ReputationRep:
    [edit!]

Just realised the date on this! sorry came up on a search as Im preparing for my RAF interview and current affairs is a hot topic.

[endEdit]

I agree with you in many ways. Michael had a life far from the 'norm' that most people have. He missed out on so much and as you said he is trying to grab some of it back. He may not be conciously aware that his actions are viewed by many as wrong or 'disgusting' but his motives most certainly are not.

Society is the reason for Michael Jackson being dubbed a kiddie fiddler or whatever. It emcompases it as a whole and generalises everything. MJ is an adult, X is a child, therefore sleeping in the same room is wrong. And in many cases it is, but Society does not look at each individual case. Here we have a very strange (yet a genious) man who wants something money cannot buy. So he buys what he can to try and get as close to the real thing as possible.

My point is that MJ is not a bad person. The jury agreed and I most certainly do too. He is merely a misguided individual who missed out on alot in life.

ReputationRep:
    sure, he's missed out a lot in life, but do you see other former child stars sleeping with children in their bedrooms and in their beds, that is not and will never be right

ReputationRep:
    If it was anyone else then It wouldnt be such a big problem, but for someone who has previously been accused of child abuse, he just doesnt do himself any favours.

ReputationRep:
    poor miko, such a hit but his fathers own pressure created and destroyed him.

i'm in two minds about the whole affair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    Yes i'm afraid so. however i intend this to be rather short, with only one point needed to be addressed (for me at least).
    simply this:

why are people so freaked out about him sleeping in the same room as children????

sure its a little eccentric (well he is a genuis) but to me it seems completely logical. I read a biography on him and i was upset at how his father treated him. For example, at the age of 5 he was training singing and dancing. I remember reading how he was looking out the window watching the children on his street playing baseball, and then his dad shouted him over to start dancing practice.
    Point being that he never had a childhood - quite common of child stars. So now he has all the money in the world and global fame, and the "king of pop", he is simply trying to recreate part of his childhood he missed out on. Hence the funfair in his back garden, his entire estate, and wanted to spend time with children.
    Basically, without a childhood he missed up on growing up in a way, and hence he is still a child mentally. So really, it is just like a normal sleepover. I think anyone who knows anything about his life should know all this (i.e. the lack of a childhood).
    I would probably even go to the extreme of saying that i might very well do the same in MJ's situation. maybe not to the extent of him, but certainly try to have some of my childhood back.

So simply, i just cannot see why people are amazed at this. Okay, i can understand them not liking it, or even disagreeing, but i remember watching an interview with random people, many of which were just saying stuff like "it doesnt matter if he did or didnt do anything to the children, he slept with them and thats disgusting".

maybe someone can give me a different viewpoint?
    whats always made me wonder though, is why do the parents of these children let them stay with him if they already know what he's like?? there is only one answer...greed.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.