Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all i desperately need your help,

Ok tell me what comes into your mind first when i say Fillet? Would it be Chicken or Fish?

It because i had an argument 25mins ago at a chicken shop because the the shop man had given me chicken burger instead of a fillet fish burger. I asked for 'Meal 1' which just said 'Fillet Meal' and i assumed it would be fish. But the man argued it can be chicken as well. We really did have a fight in front of some other customers.

So if somebody can tell me whether it was me who was wrong or the shop man?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Chicken.

Especially in a chicken shop. If it were a chippy, then the case would be different.

ReputationRep:
    Definatly fish but you should make it clear as rightly you could have been refering to either. But then it was a chicken shop so maybe he does have a point.

ReputationRep:
    for me i would think fish fillet. but i dont really eat chicken so my view may be clouded
    It is a stupid label though.
    However for a hint for the future, i have never seen a fast food that puts a fish or veggie meal as meal 1 . damn these people.

ReputationRep:
    Fish for me. I spose that you see more complete checkins, breasts, wings etc. Whereas a fillet of fish is the most common way of serving fish...

But it was a chicken shop....shoulda told you something

for future, ask. Theyd have specified if it was something other than chicken

ReputationRep:
    btw why do you DESPERATELY need our help? are you overcome with guilt or something?
    just in case you are: *patpat* dont worry, either way it was poor advertising by the shop

ReputationRep:
    Well the shop was called 'Dixies' and i wanted to know what comes to your mind first when the word Fillet is mentioned fish or chicken? But i proved the man wrong at one case, he said "Mate you can check the menu it says chicken" we were both furious and i didnt even look at the menu, when he agreed to change it i looked at the menu and guess what? the word chicken wasnt even there! I then pointed it out to him and said "where does it say chicken"? so then he shut up i felt like an idiot when this happened in front of other people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    btw why do you DESPERATELY need our help? are you overcome with guilt or something?
    just in case you are: *patpat* dont worry, either way it was poor advertising by the shop
    Yes it came to my senses that i could have been wrong but i pointed the man out wrong when he said that the menu stated chicken, when it didnt. It was like '1 all' i shook his hand afterwards and said sorry for loosing my temper.., but i did have that feeling of guilt so i thought i'd ask all you wonderfull people!

ReputationRep:
    I would guess from the way he shut up you should have your answer
    (btw i already said fish in earlier post)

ReputationRep:
    fish, I never knew there was a chicken fillet

ReputationRep:
    if i was in a Chicken shop...i'd think 'chicken'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    if i was in a Chicken shop...i'd think 'chicken'
    Well if it was a chicken shop that you knew did fish burgers the whole lot like McDonalds, would you still think Fillet meant Chicken?

ReputationRep:
    i always thot of it as chicken too!

ReputationRep:
    hm, when i saw the thread title, i actually thought beef :p:

as in fillet steak...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely both.

Normally I have heard it as: Fillet of Fish and Chicken Fillet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geeeza)
    Well if it was a chicken shop that you knew did fish burgers the whole lot like McDonalds, would you still think Fillet meant Chicken?
    Yes :|

ReputationRep:
    FFS, if it's meal 1 as well, they're hardly going to have something that isn't chicken, are they :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geeeza)
    meal 1 in a chicken shop would be chicken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    FFS, if it's meal 1 as well, they're hardly going to have something that isn't chicken, are they :|
    heehee i said the same, just much less harsh

ReputationRep:
    It can be either fish fillet or chicken fillet (or fillet steak). Either way, they're nice parts. Surely in a chicken shop you'd assume it to be chicken unless otherwise stated?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.