Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. So I think I sent my application off about 3-4 weeks ago. I sent it to the college online, paid them and everythin. Haven't had any replies yet. And I just logged back into the UCAS Apply and it said my application had yet to be sent to a referee and wasn't complete.

But I think it has and it just defaulted to that. Anyway I just wanna know if I should have had a reply by now?

ReputationRep:
    What did you log into? Your application won't be processed until you are given a password for UCAS track.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that your teacher hasn't sent your application to UCAS yet. In addition, according to that message, you havn't completed everything on your form.

ReputationRep:
    No I did that's the thing. I paid them the £15 and sent them it, he sent me my personal statement back to redo and I did then I sent it off. So it should all be sent off...

Should I have received a reply by now then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TMG-)
    No I did that's the thing. I paid them the £15 and sent them it, he sent me my personal statement back to redo and I did then I sent it off. So it should all be sent off...

Should I have received a reply by now then?
    When you send your form, it is sent to the referee, then it will be sent by UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    I've sent the form I think the UCAS thing just went wrong. Should I have received a reply by now? And I think if it wasn't sent off someone from college would have emailed me or somethin.

ReputationRep:
    A teacher will need to write a reference and it will need to be checked over by someone in your college. It depends on how long your teacher will take to write a reference. The best thing that you could do would be to talk to whoever is meant to be writing a reference (usually subject teachers) and ask if they are aware of it. Or if you have a department that deals with UCAS (most colleges should...if not a department at least one person) you could ask them about the progress of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TMG-)
    I've sent the form I think the UCAS thing just went wrong. Should I have received a reply by now? And I think if it wasn't sent off someone from college would have emailed me or somethin.
    If you think the UCAS thing went wrong, try to log onto UCAS track to see if you have any offers.

ReputationRep:
    I can't login to UCAS Track cos I don't have the thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TMG-)
    I can't login to UCAS Track cos I don't have the thing...
    Well that means that your ucas application hasn't been sent off yet.
    you send it to college all paid for
    a teacher writes a reference
    college then send it off

You really should contact your college and ask them how far in the process it is.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah I will.

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to tell you that, there might not be places left for the courses/uni's you are applying to, as the deadline is approaching soon (i.e. june 30). Furthermore, the actual deadline is jan 15. From that day onwards, the places for the courses starts to fill up. I would ask them to send it early next week.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they'd already sent it though! They messin me around methinks lol I gave it them nearly a month ago now...

ReputationRep:
    Even a month ago is a bit late.
    The recommended deadline was jan 15th.
    How come you are applying so late if you don't mind me asking?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.