Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate that most of the people on this forum are probably A-Level Physics geniuses (or genii?) but does anyone have any advice on how I can cram for my physics exam on wednesday??? I reeeeally want to get a good grade...maybe I'm a bit too hopeful, but I figure that it's worth a try....

ReputationRep:
    Jot down all the formulae you need to know (off a data sheet par example) and make sure you know what each one means/does. Make sure you can recognise it, use it and know the law behind it (eg, F=ma is Netwon II)
    Get a copy of the syllabus if you dont already have one (crime that it is) and for each line just write down a few points.... remember they can't ask you about anything that isn't on the syllabus.
    Your syllabus is here:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/do...1998&x=56&y=54

Just click the right link because there are difference specifications then scroll down to the syllabus link. That link will also have some specimen papers which are quite useful to go through.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    Helpful thing to do is to get someone else to test you on the formula, picking a random one from the list. I did this for 3 days before the exam, once per day not for the whole time :p:, and then they just stuck.

Works testing yourself, but the temptation is there to just look at the formula.

ReputationRep:
    I am retaking physics OCR GCSE after getting a B, I think the best way to cram everything is to have a look at a few past papers. I'm kind of in the same position as you, I've just finished my AS-levels and now I'm going try do some last minute cramming, although I havn't actually started yet! I think physics is my weakest as I took the other 2 science subjects for AS, but from past experience most of the equations are just crap, ie calculating electrical power- don't bother learning all of them. They will test on the more common equations such as F=ma (like someone mentioned earlier on)

ReputationRep:
    So, does anyone have any past papers???

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just stuck all the equations round the house, and then went through some past papers i got off my teacher

ReputationRep:
    Well most of the papers are repetitive every year; they will be similar

ReputationRep:
    Well...I can do the formulas and I kept getting good amrks but then I got a C in my mock even though I could confidently remember and use all the formulas. It's the stuff that don't use the formulas that I can't do very well

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.