Turn on thread page Beta

Intercalated degrees for non-medicine courses :o watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering is there such thing as intercalated degrees for non-medicine courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I'm just wondering is there such thing as intercalated degrees for non-medicine courses.
    Nope, most of the intercalated degrees preys on the fact that a lot of the material covered in the extra degree is already part of the pre-clinical medical curriculum.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then. It will be quite interesting if there would be inercalated degrees for non-medicine courses, as we could do another subject that is not related to our normal 3 year degree. In addition, we could be interested in another field of study. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Ok then. It will be quite interesting if there would be inercalated degrees for non-medicine courses, as we could do another subject that is not related to our normal 3 year degree. In addition, we could be interested in another field of study. :p:
    Would you be able to get a degree classificiation in one year in a subject you have never done before? :confused: If you could, then you're much more clever than i've ever given you credit for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)

it's called joint honours

ReputationRep:
    if there's one subject your very interested in that's got nothing at all to do with your degree course ... uh, what about taking evening classes?

ReputationRep:
    hang on i think UCL Medicine does this if what im thinking is correct. You do the Medicine MBBS and at the same time you do a BSc in like neuroscience?

If so im pretty sure UCL do this as i was looking through their prospectus the other nite.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    hang on i think UCL Medicine does this if what im thinking is correct. You do the Medicine MBBS and at the same time you do a BSc in like neuroscience?

If so im pretty sure UCL do this as i was looking through their prospectus the other nite.....
    UCL are great--the intercalated Bsc is compulsory-meaning that the course is 6 years-you don't do MBBS and Bsc at the same time-Bsc has a year of its own (after year 2/3)
    The thing i like about UCL is you can do the Bsc in alternative things like psychology or medical anthropology.

If your clever enough you can apply for the intercalated Phd in year--so in years 8 its 'YOURNAME Bsc MBBS Phd'--not bad ehy?

ReputationRep:
    At UCL if you've done a degree in totally different field, if you have BBC A Levels in chem, bio and something else i think it says in the prospectus that you can apply for Medicine (might have to double check that one) but im sure it said so.

Im not going to UCL for Medicine, hopefully CS.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.