Turn on thread page Beta

US plan to destroy USSR by denotating bombs in countries next to it. watch

ReputationRep:
    Whoever said there was a plan to go into the USSR at the end of WW2 was correct. I think it was the US General George S Patton that brought it up and suggested refitting the Wehrmacht and using them to help fight communism.

I think the SS commander Kurt Meyer also suggested this to allied Generals after his incarceration.

Neither of the suggestions was really taken seriously by the higher ups though.

ReputationRep:
    http://vicpeace.ca/centre/readings/nukeuse.htm

Paper on the USA's carefree attitude to using nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
    whats the point in having them if you arent prepared to use them if needed ?

edit---

That website needs to get its facts straight, im pretty sure the USA did not have 40 strategic nuclear weapons in 1946.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovemachine)
    I wouldnt be surprised if the US did such a thing.
    That really sums up the mentality in our academic institutions today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    That really sums up the mentality in our academic institutions today.
    How does one person's view sum up the mentality of our academic institutions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    You mean blowing up countries around the USSR would not lead to people suffering? :rolleyes: And what exactly would this accomplish?

This was never a plan. The only way it would be a plan is if your history teacher was the President. Luckily he isn't.
    being in a nuclear explosion would be a quick and painfree death ( depdnging on hwo close you are the the blast i guess), as i said this was a plan(prolbably a suggested one that wasnt impleemented), while im prolly getting the intent mixed up..im sure it existed..according to the historian i guess.

(Original post by material breach)
    How does one person's view sum up the mentality of our academic institutions?
    Isn't the mentality of the academic institutions obvious??

In the U.S. 83% of academia are lefties, 90% of the teachers unions are left of the lefties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovemachine)
    being in a nuclear explosion would be a quick and painfree death ( depdnging on hwo close you are the the blast i guess), as i said this was a plan(prolbably a suggested one that wasnt impleemented), while im prolly getting the intent mixed up..im sure it existed..according to the historian i guess.
    You don't know what you're talking about; let's leave it at that.

(Original post by Douglas)

In the U.S. 83% of academia are lefties, 90% of the teachers unions are left of the lefties
    That's a major understatement for universities in the northeast. I don't think I've met a single Republican professor in my entire time in college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    You don't know what you're talking about; let's leave it at that.
    Dude ..take it easy, ur acting as if i murdered ur family. Can you give me a more accurate explanation of what would happen?

ReputationRep:
    actually i was wrong, it is painful as hell (forgot about the radiation part), but anyone know if this plan does exist?

ReputationRep:
    actually nevermind about this whole plan, i guess i dont know what im talking about.

surely by way of the fact they are in a union then you can assume that they are a bit leftie.
    Unions aren't exactly synonymous with right wing are they...? :p:

Why am I not surprised.

It's not history, it's revisionism.
    one teacher's crazy conspiracy theories becomes revisionism?
    i think thats giving it a bit too much weight myself lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol. I am not surprised. USA can do anything for their own safety and good.
    Lol! And of course the nice folks in the Kremlin would never have considered doing anything so sinister. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    one teacher's crazy conspiracy theories becomes revisionism?
    i think thats giving it a bit too much weight myself lol
    That's assuming that a certain person didn't pull this completely out of his behind.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.