The Student Room Group

Women in the police force should only be allowed desk jobs

They are too sodding weak/dim to work the streets.

i was just watching Road Wars and some daft bint let a guy get away, because they couldn't get the handcuffs on :confused:

they caught up with him again after dithering around this estate and she just shouts, not too forcefully mind, "stand still". of course, the guy jogs casually away, and she decides to lob her torch at him :rolleyes:

they finally caught the bugger with a big dog.

beyond belief. they just can't match criminals (most of them male) in terms of strength, and for some reason lack any sense of direction whilst on the beat.
(i've also seen this with my own eyes. watched a WPC pull up in my road, about ten seconds after another car which was presumably stolen. she watched the driver leg it down an alley and just stood there watching :s-smilie: even left her sodding car in the middle of the road. USELESS)

discuss.

Scroll to see replies

You know nothing about the police force and how they operate. All women are different i'm sure there are many female police officers who do their job admirably.

Although yes naturally as humans males have more muscle mass than women, that doesn't mean that many woman aren't a physical match for many men.
Reply 2
ChrisLincoln

Although yes naturally as humans males have more muscle mass than women, that doesn't mean that many woman aren't a physical match for many men.

:confused:
yer, it does.
Reply 3
Aack
No - it would empty most of my w@nk bank.

those aren't real plods, pal :wink:

although, if they are, make a transfer to yours truly :cool:
Reply 4
Yeah because that one female police officer clearly represents all female police officers..
Reply 5
I have seen some very sexy female police officers.
TheGimpMan
:confused:
yer, it does.

No..it doesn't. Naturally men have more muscle, but if a woman trains she could become more than a physical match for most men.
Reply 7
:facepalm:

Stop giving guys a bad name.
Reply 8
ChrisLincoln
No..it doesn't. Naturally men have more muscle, but if a woman trains she could become more than a physical match for most men.

if, IF.

i don't think these silly billies would even understand that concept.
Reply 9
I agree. Even though I think that almost all professional jobs should be dominated by men as women should be mothers first and foremost, the police is certainly an area of work that is geared towards the abilities of men and not those of women.
ChrisLincoln

Unless the men train aswell...

But i disagree with OP. Men and Women should be allowed to have equal work; especially in this day and age.
Reply 11
It isn't a fist fight are wrestling match OP. They use mace and truncheon with non-lethal techniques - that requires skill, not brute strength.

And as for the 'big criminals' built like brick **** houses argument, well people like that are even too much for males officers to handle. Which is why officers on the beat always work in pair and call for back up immediately.

Although tbh there are some jobs such as in the fire dept which are much more physically demanding which most women may find very difficult and should avoid unless they somehow acheive and maintain the strength and endurance needed. However a police officer is not one of these jobs.

However it is illegal (and rightfully so) to refuse someone a job due to their gender alone.
Reply 12
Dream Weaver
Unless the men train aswell...

But i disagree with OP. Men and Women should be allowed to have equal work; especially in this day and age.

what relevance does this have?

we could go forward 200 years and birds would still make **** coppers.
Reply 13
Don_Scott
I agree. Even though I think that almost all professional jobs should be dominated by men as women should be mothers first and foremost, the police is certainly an area of work that is geared towards the abilities of men and not those of women.

I'd love to see you say that to the feeling bouncer at my local club, I'm certain she cries every time someone taller than her walks near :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Jarred-N
It isn't a fist fight are wrestling match OP. They use mace and truncheon with non-lethal techniques - that requires skill, not brute strength.

And as for the 'big criminals' built like brick **** houses argument, well people like that are even too much for males officers to handle. Which is why officers on the beat always work in pair and call for back up immediately.

that's as a last resort, by the time they think of this option the crims have already been home with a cup of tea for 20 minutes.
I'm considering turning lesbian. No, really.
Reply 16
Antonia87
I'm considering turning lesbian. No, really.

get out of my thread if you can't stay on topic :mad:

or straight.
Fawn
I'd love to see you say that to the feeling bouncer at my local club, I'm certain she cries every time someone taller than her walks near :rolleyes:

I don't see what relevance this has at all.

Of course they are women who are as strong and as brave as men. There just aren't that many of them because of a woman's nature.
TheGimpMan
get out of my thread if you can't stay on topic :mad:

Get out of the 16th century and into 2009 you chauvinistic, immature, outdated little prick.
Reply 19
TheGimpMan
They are too sodding weak/dim to work the streets.

i was just watching Road Wars and some daft bint let a guy get away, because they couldn't get the handcuffs on :confused:

they caught up with him again after dithering around this estate and she just shouts, not too forcefully mind, "stand still". of course, the guy jogs casually away, and she decides to lob her torch at him :rolleyes:

they finally caught the bugger with a big dog.

beyond belief. they just can't match criminals (most of them male) in terms of strength, and for some reason lack any sense of direction whilst on the beat.
(i've also seen this with my own eyes. watched a WPC pull up in my road, about ten seconds after another car which was presumably stolen. she watched the driver leg it down an alley and just stood there watching :s-smilie: even left her sodding car in the middle of the road. USELESS)

discuss.

go **** yourself.

Latest

Trending

Trending