Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well im not sure which forum to put this in..but i figured ppl respond a fair bit to this forum so i would post this here.

Basically this girl i know has invited me to wimbledon. The problem lies in what to wear!! haha easy you are thinking...welll... She has debenture tickets for centre court. although there is no dress code for the court itself. The debenture lounge/restaurant etc have a pretty strict dress code!

I dont want to look the fool and turn up wearing the incorrect clothes! Ive said that there isnt a problem, but in reality i dont really have all that much in my wardrobe 2 help me out.

ok..well the dress code is (no jeans, no trainers, no shorts, and to access the lounge/restaurant you have 2 wear a shirt with collar)

Im thinking creme trousers with shirt. but i will have 2 get some new shoes...any ideas??? and has anyone else been 2 these lounges? and people that have any ideas or help lol. thanks!

james

ReputationRep:
    Creme trousers with shirt sounds good. Considering its a sporty event, don't see the problem with trainers, isn't it fitting for the occasion?

ReputationRep:
    White.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh no.

Use fake tan. Wear a white shirt with SMART jeans - no tears, rips, worn flares - and smart brown shoes/loafers. Shirt should be open necked. Get a bead/fakecrocteeth necklace on a string and wear.

Then let your hot friend try to get your attention back from your new admirers

ReputationRep:
    hmm...well i did raise the point with her. said i was concerned bout the dress code etc. she said trousers, shirt basically to me. my biggest concern tho is which shoes 2 go for??

at the moment i think creme chino style trousers (as strictly no jeans, not even smart ) with a nice shirt. its just the shoes...brown will go with that u think?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jimiboy)
    ok..well the dress code is no jeans, no trainers

(Original post by LT0918)
    don't see the problem with trainers

(Original post by feelthesunshine)
    Wear a white shirt with SMART jeans
    :rolleyes:

wear creme trousers and a shirt and shoes.

ReputationRep:
    mate, u want some smart black trousers from a suit, maybe even pin stripe, and a pink shirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimiboy)
    at the moment i think creme chino style trousers (as strictly no jeans, not even smart ) with a nice shirt. its just the shoes...brown will go with that u think?
    brown proper shoes do go best with creme-chino type trousers.. black would look too harsh.

what sort of shirt? i'd just recommend that it's not white! too school-boy-ish.. i think a pale colour would look good with the rest of your described outfit (blue/pink? either suit you?). & probably wear the top few buttons undone.. because i imagine it will be hot & you don't want to look too "old" & stuffy.

blazer? probably not part of your usual wardrobe.. but if you have a suitable one, would also look smart.

decent sunglasses might complete a 'look' & be handy if it's sunny!

i don't know anything specifically about wimbledon i'm afraid.. but remember to complement her! I'm trying to devise an outfit for an upcoming regatta at the moment & their dress-code is quite a minefield too ("hats encouraged" :eek: ).. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a pastel coloured shirt (pink or light blue are summery).
    Your chinos.
    Brown shoes - fairly light weight looking.
    Some sunglasses (metal, not plastic).
    And some sort of jacket/blazer - it's a pain when it's hot but you want to look good. :p:

ReputationRep:
    shouldnt worry 2 much, i would say smart casual.
    Take money for all the little shops and for strawberries & cream!

ReputationRep:
    echo? echo? :p:

(Original post by Elles, first post in this thread)
    what sort of shirt? i'd just recommend that it's not white! too school-boy-ish.. i think a pale colour would look good with the rest of your described outfit (blue/pink? either suit you?).
    (Original post by englishstudent, the immediately following post)
    I'd say a pastel coloured shirt (pink or light blue are summery).

(Original post by Elles)
    brown proper shoes do go best with creme-chino type trousers.. black would look too harsh.
    (Original post by English Student)
    Your chinos.
    Brown shoes - fairly light weight looking.

(Original post by Elles)
    decent sunglasses might complete a 'look' & be handy if it's sunny!
    (Original post by English Student)
    Some sunglasses (metal, not plastic).

(Original post by Elles)
    blazer? probably not part of your usual wardrobe.. but if you have a suitable one, would also look smart.
    (Original post by EnglishStudent)
    And some sort of jacket/blazer - it's a pain when it's hot but you want to look good. :p:
    or shall we go for "great minds...?

ReputationRep:
    thanks all for the advice - gna have 2 go shopping tomorrow. wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    if you're getting a jacket, go for navy blue. it'll go well with your chinos.

if you're gonna get shoes too, brown loafers would look v. cool with the aforementioned outfit...

all i can say is i wish i was you...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much about it - people will be far more interested in the tennis than the colour of your shoes! Have a great time though x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    echo? echo? :p:

or shall we go for "great minds...?
    Oh my gosh, I promise I hadn't even read that! :eek:

I just did quick reply down at the bottom to say what I'd wear!

Perhaps I was influenced by the fact I just bought a pink shirt and some new sunglasses. Very sorry!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.