The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You can't be serious! it's not that bad! the course itself is very good
Reply 2
well, with that spelling and grammar, no wonder you didn't like it.
Reply 3
surprisingly i don't feel sorry for myself doing IB :rolleyes:
Reply 4
yeh me neither... I love the ib and all... the work, the 2 am "early" nights, the way we get along with all the teachers and the way all the students are always helping each other, like, I help my friend with math, but she checks that what I write on enviromental systems projects or on spanish essays is understandable to someone who isn't me... It's a big learning community.
I feel sorry for everyone NOT doing the IB.
Reply 5
Well at least IB exams finish like, a whole MONTH before A-Levels... :frown: *sigh* I should be revising...
Reply 6
revising...... sounds nice ^^ i have mocks beginning of next week :smile:
Semanort
wellm with that spelling and grammar, no wonder you didn't like it.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Reply 8
Natalie Lane
You can't be serious! it's not that bad! the course itself is very good

I totally agree
Reply 9
i will comfortably be in germany for the W/C next year but an a/levels student will still be sweating it out with his exams.that is the beauty of the ib. cheers.
I speculate that the IB will be very easy. Lots of my friends have gotten more than 40 points on their diploma. One person in my family got perfect. So don't be sorry for me and others who are going to do the IB diploma.
I really dont see what the problem is, IB really isnt as hard as you make it out to be. It can be a pain sometimes (CAS hours, IA's, etc.) but its really not that difficult. I have friends in private school, and from what I've seen, their curriculum is much more rigorous than IB. Also, SL classes are basically a joke, for instance, look at the syllabi for the sciences! Aside from that, you only have to do a min. of three HL courses, which are comparable (or even easier) than AP classes in America. I've gone through a year in the IB, havent worked my hardest, and still managed a perfect GPA. If you are somewhat intelligent and have decent time-management skills IB isnt that bad!
Reply 12
please you NERD b4 you start critizin my friend GO GET A F******* LIFE!!
NEEERRRRDDDSSS!!
jcdoughty06
I really dont see what the problem is, IB really isnt as hard as you make it out to be. It can be a pain sometimes (CAS hours, IA's, etc.) but its really not that difficult. I have friends in private school, and from what I've seen, their curriculum is much more rigorous than IB. Also, SL classes are basically a joke, for instance, look at the syllabi for the sciences! Aside from that, you only have to do a min. of three HL courses, which are comparable (or even easier) than AP classes in America. I've gone through a year in the IB, havent worked my hardest, and still managed a perfect GPA. If you are somewhat intelligent and have decent time-management skills IB isnt that bad!

No. I disagree. AP classes are generally much more easier. Have you looked at HL Maths and SL Further Maths syllabi?

It is true that HL Sciences are generally easy (for example, HL PHysics is just comparable, a bit more difficult, than AP PHysics B; AP Physics C is way beyond HL Physics).

However, IB in general is much more rigorous than the American AP.
IB The Great
No. I disagree. AP classes are generally much more easier. Have you looked at HL Maths and SL Further Maths syllabi?

It is true that HL Sciences are generally easy (for example, HL PHysics is just comparable, a bit more difficult, than AP PHysics B; AP Physics C is way beyond HL Physics).

However, IB in general is much more rigorous than the American AP.

I can see your point. However, AP Exams I've taken (ex: US History, English Lang. as well as a couple others) seem to be a bit more difficult than IB HL exams. However, like you said, HL Math is quite the exception. Classes for IB can be a bit more intense and demanding, but the exams arent all too bad. Overall, making a general comparison, IB HL's and AP's are about equal, but there definately are exceptions. I think IB is considered harder because it requires a little more work.
Reply 15
Well sure, the IB is hard but it's not impossible! I acctually enjoy it kind off to study alot and so. Right now I'm writing my EE and it's ok to write it in the summer.
jcdoughty06
I can see your point. However, AP Exams I've taken (ex: US History, English Lang. as well as a couple others) seem to be a bit more difficult than IB HL exams. However, like you said, HL Math is quite the exception. Classes for IB can be a bit more intense and demanding, but the exams arent all too bad. Overall, making a general comparison, IB HL's and AP's are about equal, but there definately are exceptions. I think IB is considered harder because it requires a little more work.

In my speculation, the IB Programme will be much harder when it is more well-recognised. The head of the IBO, Dr. Monica, I think, will make it more challenging as though to make it more appealing to prestigious universities world-wide.

Heh, and this year's M05 exams are pretty difficult (I've heard that from friends who took it). Especially HL Maths, HL Sciences, and HL Languages. Those are disturbing.

Also, I know of a guy who said that HL subjects are easy and that he would get a 7 on HL Computer Science (which is considered an easy subject). 2 months later, he received his score back and the score for his HL Computer Science is a 2 that year. See my point? :smile:
IB The Great
In my speculation, the IB Programme will be much harder when it is more well-recognised. The head of the IBO, Dr. Monica, I think, will make it more challenging as though to make it more appealing to prestigious universities world-wide.

Heh, and this year's M05 exams are pretty difficult (I've heard that from friends who took it). Especially HL Maths, HL Sciences, and HL Languages. Those are disturbing.

Also, I know of a guy who said that HL subjects are easy and that he would get a 7 on HL Computer Science (which is considered an easy subject). 2 months later, he received his score back and the score for his HL Computer Science is a 2 that year. See my point? :smile:

I can see your point. Personally, I dont think the AP vs. IB debate will ever be settled. IB is relatively new in the US, and most people generally lean towards AP. Overall, I like both, and I think each has its own share of pros and cons.
Has anyone got a link for IB? The offical website
Reply 19
www.ibo.org

try it I'm not sure......

Latest

Trending

Trending