Turn on thread page Beta

Not meeting the conditional offer :eek: watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone worried this might happen to them? if so ...do they just ..reject you? ive heard of some ppl who failed to meet the conditions but still got in..how does that work? lastly, wouldnt uni';s be hesitant to do this since that means less $$$?

ReputationRep:
    If you miss your grades, you can still be let in. The chances of this happening decreases as your course gets more competitive, however.

ReputationRep:
    You can still get in when you have one grade short. If the subject is competitive, you might get rejected, and you will need to go to your insurance choice. If the subject is not competitive, you might get in.

By the way, what subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    It depends how close you were to meeting the conditions and how well everyone else did. It's true that universities prefer to accept firm or insurance offer holders rather than people through clearing because they'll know you've researched the course and the university and will be committed to it. If you do miss the grades, ring them up on results day, They may have already decided whether to let you in or not because they get the results earlier, but if not, you can plead your case, maybe using UMS marks.

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure that you take your mobile or someting and have the number of the relevant admissions people/department on results day and be prepared to ring up and beg - don't give up if you dont get through as if it is a competetive course there might be a lot of people ringing up. Before that though, just try your hardest to make the grades! there's always a risk with everyone that they wont but try to be positive and only think about what you need to do if you dont make it when you need to ie. coming up to results day (18th August?)

Second what other people have said - depends on the uni and the course and how well you did relative to other people - also on how close you were i.e. 5 marks off the grade or something then it's worth mentioning the actual UMS I would say!

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys, btw i've applied for biotechnology, and did slack before my exams, so i may miss the conditions by a mile

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you applied to and whether they have places to fill or not. If the uni has too many students for too few places, no. If they have too few students for too many places, they may well look towards people who've missed the min reqs rather than go into clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Im worried. My p3 and physics exams have gone really bad I think i will get D's for them and i need to get BBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    Just make sure that you take your mobile or someting and have the number of the relevant admissions people/department on results day and be prepared to ring up and beg - don't give up if you dont get through as if it is a competetive course there might be a lot of people ringing up.
    What happens if your on holiday when the results come out and you dont meet your offer requirements - this is the problem im going to be facing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    What happens if your on holiday when the results come out and you dont meet your offer requirements - this is the problem im going to be facing :rolleyes:
    All you can really do is ask a friend to pick up your results and tell you them over the phone. If you've got into your firm, you don't need to anything other than celebrate If you've missed your firm but got into your insurance, you could try phoning your firm and seeing if they'll still take you. You'll obviously need to take the relevant phone numbers with you. If you've missed both and neither will take you, that's when it will get complicated as you'll need to sort out clearing and that would be really hard to do if you weren't there in person.

ReputationRep:
    Some girl in my school last year for got a ABB offer for Nottingham, actually got BBC, and they still let her in for economics. If they liked you they will take you no matter what....(except like UUU)

ReputationRep:
    get off the pc and revise solid! It's not over yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    Second what other people have said - depends on the uni and the course and how well you did relative to other people - also on how close you were i.e. 5 marks off the grade or something then it's worth mentioning the actual UMS I would say!
    I think they will already know your UMS scores, as the person at Notts said if your miss your offer by a few points you will be entered into a group of 'near misses' which they will then examine, so presume they'll have them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami C)
    Some girl in my school last year for law got a ABB offerfor Nottingham, actually got BBC, and they still let her in for economics. If they liked you they will take you no matter what....(except like UUU)
    Ooh, that's kewl, lol. Hope they'll let me in with ABC (my offer is AAB, for geog).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami C)
    Some girl in my school last year for law got a ABB offerfor Nottingham, actually got BBC, and they still let her in for economics. If they liked you they will take you no matter what....(except like UUU)
    wow really..this cant have been for normal Economics as they ask for AAA, but do u know if it was for Industrial Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    wow really..this cant have been for normal Economics as they ask for AAA, but do u know if it was for Industrial Economics?
    Still industrial economics asks for ABB I think.

Hopefully Notts will let me in with ABBB or AABB fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I put the law in my previous post for the course the girl in question applied for, when it should have been economics, sorry! But you all seemed to guess it was economics so well done!

To clarify, a girl in my school applied for Industrial Economics at Nottingham. She got an offer of ABB, and actually got grades of BBC. They let her in anyway, but this was only because they really liked her. Hope this is the same for you John.

ReputationRep:
    If you are worried about meeting offers, you could see the UCAS statistics on how many people apply for that course in that uni, and to see how many people accept the place and stuff like that. http://www.ucas.ac.uk/figures/ads.html#instsubj Refer to the sections: subject data set, Institution / Subject Group / Domicile Dataset in that website above.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for BBC but i think i will get BBD

The calls from spain aint gonna be cheap :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    I have an offer for BBC but i think i will get BBD

The calls from spain aint gonna be cheap :mad:
    What course are you applying too? I would see the UCAS statistics website that I posted above to see how many applicants get accepted for that course. You might still get in despite not getting a C, as you only slip one grade. Remember your reference and personal statement will be taken into account, not only grades.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.