Edexcel D1 paper - answer in ink or pencil ? Watch

This discussion is closed.
P3X289
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
My son has just taken the above paper on 16/6/2005. He suddenly mentioned that he has answered some of the questions in pencil and some in ink.

Will he lose marks for the answers in pencil ?

He is worried sick !!
Yttrium
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm 99% certain that answering questions in pencil or ink is fine.

I was always told to answer in ink, but in my D1 exam, I drew all of the tables/graphs etc in pencil.

And I got 100 UMS (it was an ultra-tricky paper, 100 UMS boundary at about 55/75)

So he doesn't have anything to worry about (unless he used a very hard pencil that the examiner is going to have difficulty reading... I think the D1 papers are photocopied, but I'm sure it'll be fine!)
P3X289
(Original post by Yttrium)
I'm 99% certain that answering questions in pencil or ink is fine.

I was always told to answer in ink, but in my D1 exam, I drew all of the tables/graphs etc in pencil.

And I got 100 UMS (it was an ultra-tricky paper, 100 UMS boundary at about 55/75)

So he doesn't have anything to worry about (unless he used a very hard pencil that the examiner is going to have difficulty reading... I think the D1 papers are photocopied, but I'm sure it'll be fine!)
thanks Yttrium

Also, the past edexcel question papers do not indicate on the front to use ink only. I will ring edexcel customer inquiry on monday and report back here.
P3X289
just spoke to edexcel on their 0870 number.

They have stated that answering in pencil is ok and the student will not be penalised.

He also confirmed that some papers are scanned and if the scan is not readable then they use the hard copy scripts (meaning original answer booklets). He wouldn't say if the scanning applied to D1 papers.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads