Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    has anyone got a past paper for psychology PYA5 for the year Jan 2005. It would be great if someone could send me one or tell me the questions in there.
    thanks
    matt

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has it, please feel free to tell me too... :p:

ReputationRep:
    AQA don't set the PYA5 in Jan as far as I know.
    It's the synoptic paper and so I guess it would makes sense to only have it at the end of the course.

EDIT: Ok I'm wrong. It would seem AQA do have Jan papers. Sorry have mistaken exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see it too... I know selective revision is dangerous but there's so much to cover....

ReputationRep:
    yeah please anyone that would be so great!

ReputationRep:
    ditto, i need debates, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    pls some1 need to know what came up on treatments

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have anygood quick and simple advice on how to relate the answers to other areas of psychology on this paper???

Thanx

ReputationRep:
    Another thing

is anyone doing schizophrenia, depression and anxiety disorders if so when revising anxiety disorders do u need to do phobias and obbsessive compulsive orders or just one of the two????

Please help...dont wanna waste my time :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyEm)
    Another thing

is anyone doing schizophrenia, depression and anxiety disorders if so when revising anxiety disorders do u need to do phobias and obbsessive compulsive orders or just one of the two????

Hey there!
    we do anxiety, depression and schizophrenia at our college but we haven't even been taught obsessive compulsive disorders so would assume you don't have to use that in the exam. hope that helps xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven4723)
    yeah please anyone that would be so great!

do you have the qusetions from the jan 2005 paper???? i need them really bad!!!

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura2k5)
    Hey there!
    we do anxiety, depression and schizophrenia at our college but we haven't even been taught obsessive compulsive disorders so would assume you don't have to use that in the exam. hope that helps xxx

Woo thats good ill leave it out then
    it says at the end of the chapter you should learn one but we went through both in class and she didnt mention anythin about only one :confused:

ah well glad thats sorted thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    1. a) Discuss two or more case studies of multiple personality disorder (dissociative identity disorder) (15)
    b) To what extent do case studies, such as those described in a), lead us to believe that multiple personality disorder is iatrogenic? (15)
    2. Compare and contrast biological and psychological explanations of depression(30)
    3. “some psychologists claim that behavioral therapies are unethical and of limited value because they treat symptoms rather than causes”
    Discuss behavioral therapies for treating mental disorders with reference to issues such as those raised in the quotation above. (30)
    4. With reference to two or more theories , discuss gender bias in psychology(30)
    5. “psychology has tended to present a view of human behaviour that applies only to members of western cultures and tells us little about the vast majority of human kind” Discuss cultural bias in psychological research with reference to the issues as the one raised in the quotation above (30)
    6. Critically consider arguments against reductionist explanations is psychology.(30)
    7. a) explain what is meant by the nature and nurture (5)
    b) Outline the history of the nature-nurture debate in psychology (10 marks)
    c) To what extent is it possible to explain behaviour in terms of only nature or nurture? (15 marks)

ReputationRep:
    Another thing

You just need to know one anxiety disorder - phobias, OCD, or post traumatic stress disorder.

ReputationRep:
    yeah sexyem all u need to know is one type of anxiety disorder and the biologial explanations for it and a psychological explanation for it!...so any one have tips for what will feature in the pya5 paper thanks in advance....

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me please??? For the issues question we've been taught gender, culture, ethics of using humans, ssr and ethics of using animals. i have a HUGE problem in that i really don't understand ssr and have very little time to get around this problem. if i don't learn this am i taking too big a risk??? i kno the others well enough to answer a question so hopefully could answer one of the questions. please any suggestions are greatly recieved! thank you Laura xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    hmm well im really not sure whats gonna come up im hoping anxiety disorders as it hasnt been up the last 2 times so that wud b the obvious one 2 go for and i think it cud b on bio or psychological explanations really. I'm hoping they put it in the same format that they hav done for both schizo and depression in the past which is:

“The biological approach tells us all we need to know about ???? .”
    With reference to the quotation above, discuss the issue that it raises.

but they cud b nasty and do another question on schizo as they did last june which is the one i kno least about really! But if they do hav it on schizo it will b psychological explanations since they had it one biological explanation is june! but just a guess really so i think i need 2 go and learn everything! lol

p.s luke156 thanks for jan 2005 questions been looking for them everywhere!!!

ReputationRep:
    thank you luke, your a star

ReputationRep:
    Another thing

my advice is all of them, but remember you can only be asked a question on unipolar depression not bi-polar (but best to know it to back yourself up)

ReputationRep:
    wotu fink going to come up for he issues section?????

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.