Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help? im on finsihin UNIT 12 and just need to complete task 2a a... coud anyone please giv me a list of software and hardware il need for ADSL and Broadband please? i av already done the modem and ISDN and now im a bit confused. thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    For standard ADSL assuming client is withing range (less than 5km) from their local exchange which is DSL enabled then you need:

Microfiliters to filter Internet/Phone traffic, standard phone cable to connect to ADSL modem and all supplied software installed. Computer is likley to need a USB port (Cable Broadband needs modem or NIC).

ReputationRep:
    thanks! does anyone know of any ADSL and ISDN service providers? (both different) cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    thanks! does anyone know of any ADSL and ISDN service providers? (both different) cheers
    BT provide both. Tiscali provides only ADSL and not ISDN I think.

There are hundreds of ISP's - do a search on google if you need more.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.