OCR Central Concepts predicitions Watch

This discussion is closed.
Asian cutie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so basically r u doin kidney and then writing out all the relevent stuff with the kidney? sounds like a good idea.
kurupt1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by simsim)
Not to break your confidence, but i generally get like 30s/35s in unifying, but in the paper u did, i got 53..hehe i thought it was an easy paper...i dont think we will have the same luck
maybe.. but then i got 53 in the june 03 paper and 46 in jan 03

and yea writing evrything to do with the topic does work
ecolier
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
getting back on the Central Concepts theme, can we really trust these "sources"? Also, I hope we can get more ppl to tell us what their teacher told them, if lots of them go on about the same thing then it is likely to come up (remember 2806 Practical, where everyone was saying about starch? )

Anyway I HATE Ecology questions
Asian cutie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
do u think there will b lots on ecology i was praying there wouldnt be because of the plan. but that could jus be wish full thinking
ecolier
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
there was a big fat question on sustainable timber forests on Jun 2002, hope that wont come up again, also there was on the N2 cycle in Unifying Concepts, I got like 1 mark out of 6/7... scary stuff
Asian cutie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i hate thoses topics too ...im going to learn some markschems tonight joy:burnout:
Pmc2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im not doing central concepts, however, I doubt that HGP will come up.. there was an 8 mark set of questions in the HHD paper - on the advantages and disadvantages of the HGP - unless they bring up something else to do with it

edit - not sure about uni concepts.. they ask such random stuff
ecolier
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thanx, anyone done the biology AS syllabus (ie Foundation, HHD and Transport) could tell us what was on it, so they (probably) wont ask again on Unifying Concepts...
sarah12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pmc2k)
Im not doing central concepts, however, I doubt that HGP will come up.. there was an 8 mark set of questions in the HHD paper - on the advantages and disadvantages of the HGP - unless they bring up something else to do with it

edit - not sure about uni concepts.. they ask such random stuff
am i bein thick here but whats HGP?
ecolier
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think its human genome project, if it wont come up in unifying concepts then one less thing to worry about
simsim
Report 13 years ago
i wouldnt think too much on evolution/natural selection would come up. Maybe more on nerves, tropisms, communication, RQs,
kurupt1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok now im scared.. tropisms?! what the hell are tropisms?
Stunt girl
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I think, or more like hope, that the use of the word "tropisms" is referring to plant growth regulators.
LizzyLizzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just guessing by tropism suggests to me trophic level , which is the level within an ecosystem at which an organism feeds. EG-is it a primary producer like plant or is it a secondary or tertiary consumer? or does it feed at various trophic levels...for exaple the higher up the food chain an organism is the more likely that it will feed on a variety of different levels.

am i right anyone?
LizzyLizzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
is it? hang on , i'll check..
LizzyLizzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmmm i'm not seeing anything about it *has the biology 2 book open in front of her...may be being blind*
LizzyLizzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
AH HA...i was wrong. Ok a tropism is a growth response in a plant in a direction determined by a stimulus which can be either positive or negative..
eg- stimulus light=phototropism
gravity=geotropism
Touch=thigmotropism.

oh god... i'm going to fail.
Stunt girl
Well, there's nothing in either biology 1 or 2 on tropism, only other plant growth regulators, so I'm just assuming simsim got their words mixed up and meant plant growth regulators, such as auxins in apical dominance, gibberellins in seed germination & stem growth and abscisic acid in leaf abscion and stomatal closure.
sarah12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Stunt girl)
Well, there's nothing in either biology 1 or 2 on tropism, only other plant growth regulators, so I'm just assuming simsim got their words mixed up and meant plant growth regulators, such as auxins in apical dominance, gibberellins in seed germination & stem growth and abscisic acid in leaf abscion and stomatal closure.
what actualy is the role of aba in leaf abscision?
Stunt girl
Apparently it's uncertain, but it's to do with senescence (aging) of the leaves, so promotes the petiole to break off from the stem, forming an abscission zone...there's more about it in biology 2
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise