UCAS track says 'Entry Point 1'? Watch

Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What does that mean? I vaguely remember someone screwing up their app least year due to to this.
loveisjustasong
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
"Point of entry. Leave this blank unless you have agreed with the university or college that they are willing to consider your application to start the course in Year 2 or 3 instead of Year 1. For example, if you are applying to start in Year 2, put 2 in the box."

"Point of entry: the applicant's year of entry to the course, for example, 2 refers to the second year of the course."
http://www.ucas.com/parents/wheretostart/ucasterms
apple100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm confused about this too :confused: is it supposed to say entry point 1?
-UNKNOWN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
mine says this too :| i hope nothings wrong
aeiou81
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It means you start in the first year of the course Some courses have foundation years (year 0) which get you up to the standard required to take the same degree as someone who has done A-Levels. Also, some universities let you start at year 2 or year 3 if you've already done part of the course somewhere else and want to transfer. For these, the entry points would read 0, 2 or 3 respectively.

If it says "entry point 1", it means you'll start at the normal starting point
apple100
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aeiou81)
It means you start in the first year of the course Some courses have foundation years (year 0) which get you up to the standard required to take the same degree as someone who has done A-Levels. Also, some universities let you start at year 2 or year 3 if you've already done part of the course somewhere else and want to transfer. For these, the entry points would read 0, 2 or 3 respectively.

If it says "entry point 1", it means you'll start at the normal starting point
so it should say entry point 1 if you are applying for the a100 course and aren't doing foundation/starting in year 2 or 3 or anything?
aeiou81
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by apple100)
so it should say entry point 1 if you are applying for the a100 course and aren't doing foundation/starting in year 2 or 3 or anything?
Yep, if you're starting a degree having done a levels, IB or something similar, it will be entry point 1
emmylou14
Report 9 years ago
how do you log in to ucas track after you've sent off your form/ do you have to wait to get a letter?
FelicityEllen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Entry point 1 is the first year of a course! Nothings wrong!
crazy_smurf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by emmylou14)
how do you log in to ucas track after you've sent off your form/ do you have to wait to get a letter?
no. just get the personal id from the "apply" screen when you log in to the apply section. Then put that number into track without the dashes and your normal username and password
FelicityEllen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Mine took maybe 10 hours until I could get on.
That is after my college had sent it off, and not after I clicked pay/send.

Its the id code on your ucas apply page with the ashes removed, then your username and password
Lil' Flo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i havent got my letter yet but i was able to log in 16-24 hrs after my form was sent off
all u need to log into track is ur personal ID and the username and password you used for 'apply'
emmylou14
Report 9 years ago
thanks
kerry_452
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hmmm all my foundation yr courses say "entry point 1".
-k-
!Dermeister!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^ Seconded. I left it blank when I was filling out my form online and it automatically shows as 'Entry point: 1' on UCAS Track. There is no such thing as 'Entry point: 0'.
jeremybag
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
we were told to leave it blank, then it automatically puts it to 1.
Waterstorm
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, if you leave it blank it goes as entry point 1, but you can manually put in 0 or whatever and it'll go as that. On my widening access course I applied to, UCAS said to put entry point 0 cause it had a foundation year, so that's what I did and that's what it says. Hope that's all right :/

Edit: this thread just scared the crap out of me, so I just phoned UCAS and they said year 0 and year 1 basically mean the same thing - that you're gonna start from the beginning.
Jerona
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,
I'm applying for year 2. But I don't see anywhere to choose the entry point
Anyone could tell me? Is it before you start an account or?
Jerona
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Waterstorm)
Yeah, if you leave it blank it goes as entry point 1, but you can manually put in 0 or whatever and it'll go as that. On my widening access course I applied to, UCAS said to put entry point 0 cause it had a foundation year, so that's what I did and that's what it says. Hope that's all right :/

Edit: this thread just scared the crap out of me, so I just phoned UCAS and they said year 0 and year 1 basically mean the same thing - that you're gonna start from the beginning.
Hi, could you tell me where to choose the point of entry? I am filling the application now, and next step is pay/send...but till now I don't see anywhere to choose the point of entry
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jerona)
Hi, could you tell me where to choose the point of entry? I am filling the application now, and next step is pay/send...but till now I don't see anywhere to choose the point of entry
You do it when you select the course and university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.79%
Excited (144)
8.81%
Worried (296)
18.12%
Terrified (368)
22.52%
Meh (150)
9.18%
Confused (36)
2.2%