Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well 2day i had my mocks....english paper one i awnsered all of section A but because i was sittin right at the end of the room i couldn't hear the teachers...i couldn't her dem wen dey sed "now move on 2 section B"...i was so confused and missed out whole of section B....im so vexed i dunno what 2 do...can i at least get an overall mark of C grade in english mocks...if i improve in paper 2 and litreature...please HELP

ReputationRep:
    Remember that they're only mocks, it's not the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry, even if your overall mark turns out to be low because you missed the second section I'm sure If you explain to your teacher why this was then they will make allowences and they wont look at it the same as it you had done the second section and scored 0 marks or run out of time. I think you need 50% to get a C at GCSE if i remember rightly so yes you could still get a C....although doesn't english lit count a seperate subject to english language and thus have a different grade altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Dnt Worry About It, Der Only Mocks!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry at all about the mocks, cos they're only really gonna tell you what paper you're gonna sit in may/june, i had the same problem in my mocks last year, i was sittin at the back i was so hung onto section b that i didn't know when to start on section A. As long as you do well on your paper 2 you'll do fine.
    Just remember don't worry bout da mocks, they're just messin u about checkin how well you do at exams, gcse's are the real thing,
    good luck on everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guji_Gangsta)
    well 2day i had my mocks....english paper one i awnsered all of section A but because i was sittin right at the end of the room i couldn't hear the teachers...i couldn't her dem wen dey sed "now move on 2 section B"...i was so confused and missed out whole of section B....im so vexed i dunno what 2 do...can i at least get an overall mark of C grade in english mocks...if i improve in paper 2 and litreature...please HELP
    Well the mocks have served their purpose then....you won't make the same mistake in the real exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Well the mocks have served their purpose then....you won't make the same mistake in the real exam!
    Also...never rely on other people for your time keeping in exams - I always took my watch in with me and left it on the table in front of me - don't wait for someone to tell you when you should be moving onto the next section, time it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    I wouldn't worry, even if your overall mark turns out to be low because you missed the second section I'm sure If you explain to your teacher why this was then they will make allowences and they wont look at it the same as it you had done the second section and scored 0 marks or run out of time. I think you need 50% to get a C at GCSE if i remember rightly so yes you could still get a C....although doesn't english lit count a seperate subject to english language and thus have a different grade altogether.
    Thank you Riz and everyone who replied...im not 2 worried after hearin ur thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please explain the whole mocks concept to me please, and GSE while you're at it. The Australian system is very different, and I don't even know a great deal about that to be honest. After all I left school at 16 half way through grade 10. Why don't the mocks count? They have something like grade 11 exams which count to the overall mark for grades 11 and 12 here, but they only account for about 20% I think. Is mocks similar to this?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    Here the GCSE mocks are a set of exams that you have before your real GCSE's to let you get used to the exam system, and to practice your exam technique and see which areas you need to revise for. These mocks are set (and marked) by the individual schools so all differ according to what the school wants to include in them but they are often past papers. I dont think schools actually HAVE to have mocks, although most, if not all do to help prepare their students for the real exams.
    The mocks have nothing to do with the real GCSE's and your marks in them does not effect your final grade (unless you are absent when special considerations apply). Basically the mocks are completly seperate and don't effect the final exams, they're just a chance to have a practice at them and to find out what to expect from the real things.

GCSE's are usually assesed through an exam and in most subjects some coursework as well and sometimes module exams (set and marked my the exam board lik the real exams) - the final exam is usually worth a substantial part of the final grade. The marks from both coursework and the final exams/module exams are then all added up to establish the final GCSE grade!!

Hope this helps a little...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Hiya,
    Here the GCSE mocks are a set of exams that you have before your real GCSE's to let you get used to the exam system, and to practice your exam technique and see which areas you need to revise for. These mocks are set (and marked) by the individual schools so all differ according to what the school wants to include in them but they are often past papers. I dont think schools actually HAVE to have mocks, although most, if not all do to help prepare their students for the real exams.
    The mocks have nothing to do with the real GCSE's and your marks in them does not effect your final grade (unless you are absent when special considerations apply). Basically the mocks are completly seperate and don't effect the final exams, they're just a chance to have a practice at them and to find out what to expect from the real things.

GCSE's are usually assesed through an exam and in most subjects some coursework as well and sometimes module exams (set and marked my the exam board lik the real exams) - the final exam is usually worth a substantial part of the final grade. The marks from both coursework and the final exams/module exams are then all added up to establish the final GCSE grade!!

Hope this helps a little...
    It does help, a lot. Thanks.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.