Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    She really didn't want me to do it though, she thought it was "risky." She'll be proved right on results day
    No she won't....
    Cos you're gonna get offline right now and revise it!

ReputationRep:
    I can't The content is straightforward but then I do past questions and don't get many marks so I get fed up!

ReputationRep:
    I just try and learn all the past exam papers and some questions that come up are bound to be the same... well hopefully!
    Just be happy you're not doing CC on Tuesday :confused: :eek: *dies*

ReputationRep:
    But I still need to learn loads of homeostasis and kidney crap for Unifying. That stuff took me weeks to learn in December - ahhh!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I have officially given up on Unifying.. I don't think I have time to do any AS stuff and the papers just show me how crap it's gonna be so I think I'm gonna be revising CC all Monday... Joy!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher chose the option but I wanted to do something different to I taught it to myself.
    In my school that would never be allowed. I tried with chemistry and I was almost killed by exam officer for even thinking about it. Anyway, I would have to go for lessons teaching the option I would not be taking and wasting my time. Nice that other schools are more flexible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violet)
    Yeh, I have officially given up on Unifying.. I don't think I have time to do any AS stuff and the papers just show me how crap it's gonna be so I think I'm gonna be revising CC all Monday... Joy!
    You don't really need to learn anything in that much detail for UC, but just the odd terminology and basic theory here and there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    In my school that would never be allowed. I tried with chemistry and I was almost killed by exam officer for even thinking about it. Anyway, I would have to go for lessons teaching the option I would not be taking and wasting my time. Nice that other schools are more flexible.
    It took a lot of persuading her to let me do it!

ReputationRep:
    It took a lot of persuading her to let me do it!
    I bet it did. Which option are you doing then and which is your class doing? (just out of curiosity).

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Environmental Biology and my class are doing Mammalian Physiology and Behaviour. I did start off doing MM&P but I absolutely hated it, and as I'm a geographer at heart, Environmental Biology sounded more interesting and looked a lot easier. It would be easy if only the mark schemes were more accurate, as usual! It's pretty boring but straightforward overall, but I get Ds and Es on past papers because they suck.

ReputationRep:
    I would kill myself if I had to do Enviromental biolgy lol.

ReputationRep:
    Most people would.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing growth, development and reproduction, and even though some chapters are great, there is too much emphasis on plants. I dream for the day i don't have to learn about another darn plant.

ReputationRep:
    Eww, plants! Lol. I need to learn plant growth regulators for the synoptic - totally forgotten them all though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    Eww, plants! Lol. I need to learn plant growth regulators for the synoptic - totally forgotten them all though.
    In half an hour i begin my revision, and i can look forward to revising that also. There are too many, lemme try and test myself here:

Growth stimulators: gibberellins, auxins, cytokinins
    Growth inhibitors: Ethene, abscisic acid.

god knows where they come from, and what they do- i cant be arsed to try to remember at this precise moment, its too hot inside :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna start my revision at, um, 2.30. Yeah right!

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.