Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello guys, i need some advice: I still havent submitted my cas records or personal evaluation although i completed the hours and sat my exams, how likely is it i will fail if i do not submit them and when do you think the deadline is... i know that i have not failed yet, so when do the IBO check these?
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hairycandle)
    hello guys, i need some advice: I still havent submitted my cas records or personal evaluation although i completed the hours and sat my exams, how likely is it i will fail if i do not submit them and when do you think the deadline is... i know that i have not failed yet, so when do the IBO check these?
    thanks!
    Your school had to submit information on whether its candidates did CAS at some point before the exams (I don't know the deadline by heart). Then the IBO regional office selected a few unlucky victims whose all CAS work - the logbook, the report/essay and the self-evaluation forms - was to be sent to them for evaluation. Unfortunately mine was chosen this year (though the CAS co-ordinator seemed quite relieved by that).

So I should imagine your school simply told the IBO regional office that you've passed CAS. I know when we got our enrolment sheets with our session numbers, codes and subjects taken, there was a question 'CAS completed?' and everyone had 'YES' marked there; and this was in October. If you weren't selected for moderation, I think you're safe. You should probably ask your CAS co-ordinator about it to be sure though.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, my CAS coordinator is less than helpful, otherwise i wouldnt be in this situation, anyway it sounds like i escaped.... great news!

ReputationRep:
    For the record, CAS is not "moderated". Many times they don't request anything from anyone, like it happens with Internal Assessments. This year my school was not required to send any CAS work.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.