Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I get my results for my AS work, how do I get them. Do i get my modular results, then an overall grade for my AS, or just the module grades and I have to work it out, just wondering .

ReputationRep:
    Generally you will get

*insert subject name*: x/300

Module 1: x/x
    Module 2: x/x
    Module 3: x/x

Sometimes they may give a grade, I think edexcel do, but others you have to work it out as follows:

240 A
    210 B
    180 C
    150 D
    110 E

anything less than 110 is a U

ReputationRep:
    E = 120, not 110

AQA gives you module results and then a UMS total with a grade.
    WJEC gives you the grade on the front sheet and module marks on the 2nd sheet
    OCR gives you module results and then a UMS total with a grade, but it also shows individual grades for each module so you don't have to work them out for yourself! How sweet of 'em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    E = 120, not 110

AQA gives you module results and then a UMS total with a grade.
    WJEC gives you the grade on the front sheet and module marks on the 2nd sheet
    OCR gives you module results and then a UMS total with a grade, but it also shows individual grades for each module so you don't have to work them out for yourself! How sweet of 'em
    yes of course you are right because I got 111 in my RS

ReputationRep:
    So for both Edexcel and AQA, you get your total UMS mark out of 300 and your overall grade for the subject at the top, then for each module, you get your UMS mark but not your grade? Do you get a separate sheet of paper for each subject? 3 of my subjects are with Edexcel and I'd like to see them fit all that information on one piece of paper...

ReputationRep:
    See here --> http://www.studential.com/diary/resultsday.htm

ReputationRep:
    At the back of the results sheet, you will see a table of UMS marks to get a certain grade from A-E.

To find out each module grade, the maximum mark if either out of 90, 100, 105, 120, or 300.

An exam out of 90 UMS will have the following grades: A=72 B=63 C=54 D=45 E=36
    An exam out of 100 UMS will have the following grades: A=80 B=70 C=60 D=50 E=40
    An exam out of 105 UMS will have the following grades: A=84 B=74 C=63 D=53 E=42
    An exam out of 120 UMS will have the following grades: A=96 B=84 C=72 D=60 E=48
    An exam out of 300 UMS will have the following grades: A=240 B=210 C=180 D=150 E=120

You will see the exact thing that I typed above, but it will be in a table. I just typed that out for you if you want to look ahead about the boundary UMS for your module exams.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sian and Trev!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Thanks Sian and Trev!
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Last year for my AS, the subjects were just in alphabetical order, it was kinda like this:

English Language 259 A (a)
    Jun 04 Intro to study of Lang (105/105)
    Jun 04 Lang and Soc Contexts (86/105)
    Jun 04 Original Writing Cwk (68/90)

Each subject is laid out like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Last year for my AS, the subjects were just in alphabetical order, it was kinda like this:

English Language 259 A (a)
    Jun 04 Intro to study of Lang (105/105)
    Jun 04 Lang and Soc Contexts (86/105)
    Jun 04 Original Writing Cwk (68/90)

Each subject is laid out like that!
    Great I was afraid they'd just put your UMS score but not your grade so you'd have to agonise for a few minutes working it out, but it looks like you can just skim the sheet and see your grades straight away. Of course, that could be a bad thing depending on what they are lol.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on whether your school has entered you for the actual AS-level award, if you know what I mean. If they haven't then they'll just be a list of modules and UMS methinks.

ReputationRep:
    if you take A levels and AS in the same year for a subject, when the results come out do you see them as separate results? (say you got A for AS but C for A level, can you still see your A from AS?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candystrippa)
    if you take A levels and AS in the same year for a subject, when the results come out do you see them as separate results? (say you got A for AS but C for A level, can you still see your A from AS?)
    The grade will change because you taken the subject onto a full A-level. Therefore, your overall grade would change. You can't see the A in AS.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why they write the grade twice
    A (a)
    B (b) etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverjonny)
    A (a)
    B (b) etc?
    Ooh, good question, I wanna know the answer to this too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    It depends on whether your school has entered you for the actual AS-level award, if you know what I mean. If they haven't then they'll just be a list of modules and UMS methinks.
    Hmmm, I actually have no idea what my school's policy is with regards to cashing in AS grades. It will be so annoying if I get AAAA and then can't even put them on my UCAS form :mad: It's like saying there's no point working hard at AS because you can screw up and no-one will find out, but if you do really well no-one will know either, so it's pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverjonny)
    A (a)
    B (b) etc?
    In case you dont understand upper case...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I actually have no idea what my school's policy is with regards to cashing in AS grades. It will be so annoying if I get AAAA and then can't even put them on my UCAS form :mad: It's like saying there's no point working hard at AS because you can screw up and no-one will find out, but if you do really well no-one will know either, so it's pointless.
    Most schools would let you have the choice to cash in or decline your AS grades (my school does). The cashing in process will be done behalf of your school. If you want to decline your AS grade, you will need to fill in a form or talk to your examinations officer.

I'm sure your school will let you cash them in, so you will have something to show on your UCAS form (i.e. AS grades).

ReputationRep:
    You can put them in your personal statement if you want, there's nothing against that.

-Kavanne

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.