Turn on thread page Beta

Tony Blair at the EU Summit watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    I hardly see Tony Blair as personally responsible for any of those things... :rolleyes:
    Well, if he disagreed with them they wouldn't have been allowed.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm is that an anit-labour comment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    hmmm is that an anit-labour comment?
    I wouldn't say such a thing!

But anyway I'm a Brown-ite not a Blair-ite.

ReputationRep:
    Really, bucket. I would have expected more from you. Care to explain what is so good about Brown's political views as opposed to Blair's? I thought their ideology was pretty similar.

ReputationRep:
    Really, bucket. I would have expected more from you. Care to explain what is so good about Brown's political views as opposed to Blair's? I thought their ideology was pretty similar.
    Its not so much an ideological difference, as you said they're pretty much the same (and I agree with their ideology on the whole).

I think Brown will be a little less presidential and take more notice of the back benchers and public opinion. Blair can also be a little reluctant to say 'sorry' and admit he's wrong!

ReputationRep:
    How do you know? Has Brown shown any signs of those qualities? I doubt there would be much difference between the two, although much has been made of it during the election to please voters who were tired of blair.
    What's your negative rep for?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know? Has Brown shown any signs of those qualities? I doubt there would be much difference between the two, although much has been made of it during the election to please voters who were tired of blair.
    What's your negative rep for?
    I'll PM you about the rep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    How has the way that Tony Blair has acted at the EU Budget summit changed the way you view him? Do you admire him for sticking to his guns and defending the rebate as he promised? Or do you think that he's sabotagin the EU consnsus and is just setting himself up with big problems for his own term as EU president?
    He had no choice in defending the rebate. The issue was only raised as a smokescreen to avoid discussing the real issue - the future of the EU. In my opinion instead of trying to sweet talk Chirac over the last week, he should have been making alliances with the Eastern European countries that support an Anglo-Saxon model of Europe. If we must remain in the EU, then this is our opportunity to take the lead.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.