Turn on thread page Beta

War on iraq watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I see. Now, just how long will that last? Will it be like every other American intervention where the situation returns to, or becomes worse than before? I sincerely hope not, yet history repeats itself as they say. Some people just can't see the forest for the trees at times.
    how long it lasts depends on the Iraqis. the americans will put in place what is needed, if the Iraqis want to live the dark ages then the US wont force them otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    how long it lasts depends on the Iraqis. the americans will put in place what is needed, if the Iraqis want to live the dark ages then the US wont force them otherwise.
    They forced them to undertake a new government though. A better one yes, but if you look back over the past century. Not one of America's interventions have been a success, and while the situation has deteriorated into something worse on only 3 occasions, the point is that it has still gone backwards in the long run. All because of America throwing too much weight around, and nobody being able to stop them. I hate to make the generalisation, but it is like some bully with no authority to control it. The United Nations couldn't stop Bush, so who or what else could?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    They forced them to undertake a new government though. A better one yes, but if you look back over the past century. Not one of America's interventions have been a success, and while the situation has deteriorated into something worse on only 3 occasions, the point is that it has still gone backwards in the long run. All because of America throwing too much weight around, and nobody being able to stop them. I hate to make the generalisation, but it is like some bully with no authority to control it. The United Nations couldn't stop Bush, so who or what else could?
    who wants to?

we dont like america = we dont like what they do = we want to see them fail = we dont want the Iraqi people to live in a democratic and free society = we dont want to see peace in the middle east and the protection of our own national security....no?

ReputationRep:
    who wants to?

we dont like america = we dont like what they do = we want to see them fail = we dont want the Iraqi people to live in a democratic and free society = we dont want to see peace in the middle east and the protection of our own national security....no?
    Most definitely NO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Most definitely NO.
    well at least you dont support the StopTheWar Coalition then.

ReputationRep:
    Not liking America, and wanting to see them fail are two entirely different things. I simply suggest an opinion on one thing America has done. Twisting my words does nothing for a lack of empathetic thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Not liking America, and wanting to see them fail are two entirely different things. I simply suggest an opinion on one thing America has done. Twisting my words does nothing for a lack of empathetic thought.
    i asked you a question, i didnt twist anything. you can see they are two different things..unfortunately, the prominent opposers to the war, DONT.

ReputationRep:
    i ask you a question, i didnt twist anything. you can see they are two different things..unfortunately, the prominent opposers to the war, DONT.
    DON'T see that as a straight question. Or DON'T like America?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    DON'T see that as a straight question. Or DON'T like America?
    dont see hating america and wanting to see them fail spectacuarly as two different things...

ReputationRep:
    dont see hating america and wanting to see them fail spectacuarly as two different things...
    I'll be buggered. We've agreed on something. I'm honestly not as shallow as that example. But I'll have to search for this thread tomorrow to read further comments. 3:16am and my insomnia wore off a few hours ago. Night, been interesting vienna95.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.