Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For all the people who watch football do you feel that Celtic will go to the last 16 of the champions league. And what do you think of Celtic as a football club.

[COLOR=darkgreen]Celtic F.C. [/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crunch03)
    For all the people who watch football do you feel that Celtic will go to the last 16 of the champions league. And what do you think of Celtic as a football club.

[COLOR=darkgreen]Celtic F.C. [/COLOR]
    personaly i dnt support celtic but yes i think da hv a gd chance of getting into the lst 16?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad boy)
    personaly i dnt support celtic but yes i think da hv a gd chance of getting into the lst 16?
    up da celts! The bhoys will get in no sweat.

ReputationRep:
    lol! great to see the hoops represented here!!! i'm hoping soooooooooo much they do it, hoping the anderlecht game we lost won't cost us now :s
    am actually gonna b down at cambridge for my interview on the night of the game which is just fantastic huh? no tv..... :eek:
    where r u guys applying/what for?
    nats xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliesophia)
    lol! great to see the hoops represented here!!! i'm hoping soooooooooo much they do it, hoping the anderlecht game we lost won't cost us now :s
    am actually gonna b down at cambridge for my interview on the night of the game which is just fantastic huh? no tv..... :eek:
    where r u guys applying/what for?
    nats xx
    A Scottish Celtic supporter, eh..!

RU going to Cambridge? Which subject/College?

ReputationRep:
    Scottish clubs who have expressed an interest in the English football league is such a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess I'm what you could call a Celtic supporter .... 5th generation of season ticket holders and shareholders in my family, lol! I'm going to King's this year to study French and Italian My dad's main concern is that I'm the first female President of the Cambridge CSC, lol
    As for Scottish teams going inot the English League: those down south who think it's a joke are most probably supporters of the teams whose position in the EPL would be threatened by the arrival of Celtic (and/or Rangers) - either that or it's just a classic case of rampant nationalism because no-one who knows anything about football would deny that the league would be enhanced by the presence of a club like Celtic, who have 60,000 supporters every home game, a great history and tradition, hundreds of thousands of passionate fans in every corner of the globe and, of course, a team with ability and spirit in equal measure who play regularly in the Champion's League.

ReputationRep:
    As for Scottish teams going inot the English League: those down south who think it's a joke are most probably supporters of the teams whose position in the EPL would be threatened by the arrival of Celtic (and/or Rangers)
    Somehow only one team threatens mine unless Manchester United buck their ideas up.

either that or it's just a classic case of rampant nationalism
    And why not? English football league for English football clubs. Or would you like a sporting version of the West Lothian Question eh? Yes I know there are Welsh clubs too.

that the league would be enhanced by the presence of a club like Celtic, who have 60,000 supporters every home game, a great history and tradition, hundreds of thousands of passionate fans in every corner of the globe...
    I've heard from a Scot that you also have bad riots. This needs to be stamped out. Bad enough with Millwall in the past.

a team with ability and spirit in equal measure who play regularly in the Champion's League.
    Yes because you have to finish first in the SPL for that with only one cchallenger. Second place goes to the UEFA cup I think. Apart from Rangers and Celtic the rest remind me of Division 1 football, or is that the Championship? Unless the rules have changed....

ENGLAND!

ReputationRep:
    So long as Celtic win their home games as they usually do and for ONCE manage not to lose away from home they should make it. 6 Points against Shaktar + a win at home against Barca(again) and Milan should see them through, hopefully to meet easy (English) opposition before going on the to last 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    And why not? English football league for English football clubs. Or would you like a sporting version of the West Lothian Question eh? Yes I know there are Welsh clubs too.
    Apart from the Welsh, incidently a Scottish club has twice played in the FA Cup final.
    I've heard from a Scot that you also have bad riots. This needs to be stamped out. Bad enough with Millwall in the past.
    You have to go back decades for examples of this.
    Yes because you have to finish first in the SPL for that with only one cchallenger. Second place goes to the UEFA cup I think. Apart from Rangers and Celtic the rest remind me of Division 1 football, or is that the Championship? Unless the rules have changed....
    Division 1? you flatter them its closer to Division 2, just be thankful you can mock from afar while we have to suffer their presence as 'competition.' Incidently, the only difference between the top leagues in england and scotland is money, the Premiership is no more competitive than the *******s that is the SPL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Apart from the Welsh, incidently a Scottish club has twice played in the FA Cup final.
    Yes they can take part in the FA Cup final. I don't mind this too much, but the EPL is a bit different for me.

Division 1? you flatter them its closer to Division 2, just be thankful you can mock from afar while we have to suffer their presence as 'competition.'
    Or you mean League 1?

Incidently, the only difference between the top leagues in england and scotland is money,
    Not quite true, but it's a big factor.

the Premiership is no more competitive than the *******s that is the SPL.
    Depends which way you look at it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they can take part in the FA Cup final. I don't mind this too much, but the EPL is a bit different for me.
    Fair enough.
    Or you mean League 1?
    Right you are!
    Not quite true, but it's a big factor.
    English clubs who have won the top league in last 12 years? 3. Scottish clubs who have won the top league in the last 12 years? 2. The difference doesnt change greatly if you go back 20 years either.
    Depends which way you look at it.
    Im not accusing the Prem of being as poor quality wise as the SPL, that would be utter nonsense. By competitive i simply mean the number of clubs who have a realistic chance of challenging for the championship - a number which, like in the SPL, has been stuck firmly at 2 for most of the last decade.

ReputationRep:
    By competitive i simply mean the number of clubs who have a realistic chance of challenging for the championship - a number which, like in the SPL, has been stuck firmly at 2 for most of the last decade.
    Well the Premiership has had more times competing for the title. Sometimes it has been only two but perhaps not as much as the SPL, which is maybe why the SPL has the stigma of Rangers or Celtic. Last season in the EPL there were 3, I know it's not always like this, and teams do change around for the title. It's nice to have a variety, that's partly why I quite like hurling

ReputationRep:
    Well the Premiership has had more times competing for the title. Sometimes it has been only two but perhaps not as much as the SPL, which is maybe why the SPL has the stigma of Rangers or Celtic. Last season in the EPL there were 3, I know it's not always like this, and teams do change around for the title. It's nice to have a variety, that's partly why I quite like hurling
    You dont have serious third party contenders in the Prem though just as the SPL does not. About 3 season ago Hibs were challenging for a while, a couple of seasons before that Hearts put in a decent challenge and up until the mid 90s Aberdeen were a consistent force. England has had Man U + Arsenal with flash in the pan challenges from L'pool,Chelsea,Blackburn and Newcastle - none of whom (apart from Blackburn - and look what happened to them!) put in a season long challenge which resulted in success.

ReputationRep:
    You dont have serious third party contenders in the Prem though just as the SPL does not. About 3 season ago Hibs were challenging for a while, a couple of seasons before that Hearts put in a decent challenge and up until the mid 90s Aberdeen were a consistent force. England has had Man U + Arsenal with flash in the pan challenges from L'pool,Chelsea,Blackburn and Newcastle - none of whom (apart from Blackburn - and look what happened to them!) put in a season long challenge which resulted in success.
    But Liverpool were once the strong force of the EPL.

ReputationRep:
    But Liverpool were once the strong force of the EPL.
    Just as Aberdeen were the strong force of the SPL, with Dundee Utd their main challengers in the same way Everton challenged Liverpool in the 80s.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.