Turn on thread page Beta

history edexcel a level - unit 6 hitler and the nazi state watch

ReputationRep:
    is anybody doing the hitler and the nazi state unit 6 paper on monday?
    what do u think will come up?
    i hate this exam already coz i neva have enough time to do the 2 questions, even tho i write A grade stuff.
    anybody else panicking like me?!

good luk in ur exams every1
    chelle

ReputationRep:
    hi am also doing it unfortunately i don't feel like i have anywhere near enough knowledge! I'm hoping that something will come up about Hitler's leadership style for part B and for part A anything apart from the consolidation of power or the economy i guess!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh we both unlucky then!
    yeha im hoping for something to come up on part b about was hitler a strong or weak dictator(but i doubt it will) and part a id like about the gestapo of sumthing like that or goebbels.
    i doubt that will happen coz edxecel are meanies , and font give u enough time to do the paper!damn exam board-and their marking is rubbish 2 ! :p:
    bah!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    hehe goebbels would be good!
    i hate edexcel too, theyve messed up 2 papers i've sat grrrr for history last yr our whole class got As and Bs on the source paper then Es and Us on the essays!!
    definitely not enough time :s i have yet to complete an essay in the time limit :s :s

ReputationRep:
    ahh what otha paper are u sitting?im doing british foriegn policy oin the inter war period. its piss easy.
    i can always do question a nice and easy coz all u gotta do is debate against a source n u get level 3 str8 away.ive neva finished essay in time limit either.
    have u bin revising alot?
    i not done that much on knowledge but its out numbered 2:1 on skills. 1 of me otha subject exam went really rubbish on friday, and now ive lost all motivation!
    bah again!

ReputationRep:
    aww no! which exam was it? I'm sure you''l be fine
    I did the personal assignment extended cw thing so just the one exam, i shld revise more for it but am just too hot and bothered! :s i haven't got very much own knowledge tbh and for part b i never no wat to slot where!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chellieosborn)
    i can always do question a nice and easy coz all u gotta do is debate against a source n u get level 3 str8 away.
    actually?

ReputationRep:
    yeah thas what it sez in the markscheme. as soon as u question the source u get a level 3. so make sure u do it even if its with one source!!i dun bit rubbish in my p.e exam. i messed up the essays coz me mind went blank!
    in part b just ,make sure u supplement sources with a bit of knowledge not the other way round. and as long as u can sustain ur argument al the way through ie continuing saying hitler was a strong dictator and backing it, thas also level 3. so i spiose its not that bad...
    depends on the bloody question i spose!
    arghhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    LOL - cheers for the advice, i dont have any markschemes and the teacher didnt really bother to tell us how to answer the questions like that, probably why everyone buggered up unit 1 last year aswell... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    lol ahhh i see. all we did in lessons was source practice n bloody exam papers, neva finished question b in time tho mind.
    anys if u wanan ask nefin else then do.
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    wasn' that a nice exam paper !
    i think edexcel must be ill! they are usually sods, maybe they got the message that the papers were too hard !

ReputationRep:
    Britain and Democracy was an awful paper
    As was Stalinism.

My A-Level grade disintegrated in front of my very eyes between 9-12 this morning.

ReputationRep:
    I cant really say anything about the exam... i really dunno what it was like. .yes i think it was 'do-able', but even still i'm not sure if i answered the questions correctly... did my best, just have to wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    i peered at the question

how lucky are you, having to only study a 3 year timeframe on which there is a wealth of material; compared to liberalism it's a damn easy exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burtch)
    i peered at the question

how lucky are you, having to only study a 3 year timeframe on which there is a wealth of material; compared to liberalism it's a damn easy exam
    Excuse me? the German course is between 1933 and 1939, i would hardly quantify that a a "3 year timeframe"...

ReputationRep:
    i was thinkin it to. its over 6 years and u have to learn in loadsa detail about stuff, its hardly easy!far from it!

ReputationRep:
    It's like when people talk about the Unit 4 Nazi Foreign Policy (33-39) as if that's easy!

ReputationRep:
    That exam was ok, but I somehow forgot that it was 1hr45 and had to rush it to finish in 1hr30. Then sat there for 15 mins trying to add things.
    Did you guys think the sources weren't broad enough for part a? They were all about public resistance and it was very hard to tie in the churches and the army with them.
    And for part b, did you focus on the Unity part or just Strong/Weak dictator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    And for part b, did you focus on the Unity part or just Strong/Weak dictator?
    focused on unity which was volksgeimeinshaft - coz that was what the question was on on. the strong weak dictator didnt come into it loads. so i dunno how (if people did) focused on that loads.
    fort question a was ok. yeah that was why the sources were closed, so u had to bring in own knowledge. othawise it wudda b answering the queswtion 4 u.
    how did u fink u did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chellieosborn)
    focused on unity which was volksgeimeinshaft - coz that was what the question was on on. the strong weak dictator didnt come into it loads. so i dunno how (if people did) focused on that loads.
    erm... the whole bit about Hitler's charisma is what pointed me towards weak/strong dictator.
    fort question a was ok. yeah that was why the sources were closed, so u had to bring in own knowledge. othawise it wudda b answering the queswtion 4 u.
    how did u fink u did?
    yeah, but you are supposed to sprinkle own knowledge in amogst the source analysis. Our teacher told us the examiners don't like to see long paragraphs of own knowledge.

I dunno how I did, I doubt I got an A, didn't write enough... To be honest, I'd be happy with an 85/120.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.