The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeha i know that about question a, thas y u use the sources for 1 type of opposition and ur bits of knowledge is the other types.
i asked my history head of department and he sed to be that question b was talking about was it hitler nature e.g charisma or was it propaganda,terror, economic/domestic policies etc. wel thas what i put along with the rest of my class!
see what happens when results come out. only need a b ova all and british foriegn policy is piss easy so its all good :biggrin:
Reply 21
Yeah, that's how I themed it as well. Although I think I wrote too much about the Structuralist/Intentionalist views.
Reply 22
I would have to disagree with you!

Most the sources referred to passive resistance and in fact how the Nazi regime was not unified. Indeed, Hitler's charisma and propaganda might have created a sense of unity at the start of the regime (in comparison to the weak Weimar Republic), however Hitler's style of government (cumulative radicalisation) promoted competition and disunity; the Gestapo/SS ensured that people were constantly under Nazi influences and couldn't even discuss any issues/difficulties with friends/colleagues without the threat of punishment; and of course there was the passive resistance (which was evident in about 3 or 4 of the sources), which certainly suggests that unity in Nazi Germany was in fact minimal.

... I'm sure you can argue it in different ways and be credited but this was the way in which it was interpretated at my school!
Reply 23
yup thast what i put in question b, and some of that in question a. we was tlkin on bout the sources being closed for question a coz the best quotes were in sources 4 etc and not 1, 3 and 5.but ah wel. its done now. im sure evry1 did wel, dnt mata (to some extent) what u sed aslong as you backed urself up and gave a sustained and constant arguement then its all good!

Latest