Turn on thread page Beta

A2 - Edexcel Design Paper 6 - Tips watch

ReputationRep:
    On the front of the exam paper it says exactly this:

"During the examination you may refer to all your research material and any noteboooks, files, folios, textbooks or other non-ICT-based resource."

So just argue with the invigulator until they let you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSPROAT)
    On the front of the exam paper it says exactly this:

"During the examination you may refer to all your research material and any noteboooks, files, folios, textbooks or other non-ICT-based resource."

So just argue with the invigulator until they let you!

they are not going to really go through everyones stuff to check what they have

sophie

ReputationRep:
    hi, that guide was helpful, but i must point out that we may get asked to design a secondry item to the POS ASWEL e.g. a logo.

im tryin to make a generic flow chart at the mo, was any1 given 1 by there teachers??

ReputationRep:
    The secondary item will probably be packaging, what Ive done is printed off various logos aswell as font templates.

ReputationRep:
    surely it cant be packaging, all it would b is a corrugated card box! it doesnt matter at all what the packaging looks like as the customers wouldnt see it..

or do you mean the packaging of the actual product not the pos?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

The POS display research paper is very vauge- no idea what its going to be on!

I was wondering what material you think most POS displays are made of? - would you say corrugated card? If so does anyone know how corrugated card is formed? and is using a net the best possible way to make a POS display?

Thank

ReputationRep:
    I ment the nets for the packaging of the product.

If you have Graphic Products with materials technology the old textbook (it was phased out a year before the new textbook was introduced) - it has a red and white cover. In this at the back is a fairly comprehensive guide as well as a kind of model answer paper as well as extrensive materials selection.

Everything that is need for the exam is in the textbook, I have photocopied relevant pages so it is qquicker to reference to them.

I do need a bit of help of packaging nets, has anyone found a webssite that provides these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graphicswill123)
    hi, that guide was helpful, but i must point out that we may get asked to design a secondry item to the POS ASWEL e.g. a logo.

im tryin to make a generic flow chart at the mo, was any1 given 1 by there teachers??
    No - I did a few generic flow charts that include quality checks, material input and so on. You have to be pretty detailed in this section to get the full marks, possibly including also the quantity of material needed.

You're probably right about the logo also, though I'd presume that comes part of the design but packaging seems like too much work to add to a POS design, there wouldn't be enough room on the paper to do so.

ReputationRep:
    hiya people

so hows peeps find the exam then?

soph

ReputationRep:
    was good topic...ran out of time tho (prob only got 1 mark for evaluation) but the rest was good

ReputationRep:
    Same here! There was so much to do and surprisingly so little time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbcubed3)
    Same here! There was so much to do and surprisingly so little time!
    How true, I had a 2 hour english Lit paper straight afterwards aswell, I was knackered! Hope evryone did well, thanks for all the help with tips throughout this topic!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.